"I don't think you do," my jaw sets. "I don't think you understand how badly you messed me up."

And that's when she snaps. Eyes squeezing shit, hands coming to pull at her hair. I prepare myself, though for what, I'm not sure.

"God fucking damn it, Luke! I know, okay?" She throws her hands up. "I'm trying to apologize! I saw everything junior year! I-I felt awful! That's why I left," she pauses her rambling to look at me. "I was such a stupid kid, Luke, I was an idiot—"

"I was a kid too," I interrupt her, because the excuses she was heading her way towards were not something I wanted to hear. "I was just as fucking young as you were, and I didn't cheat on you."

"I know," she huffs. "Don't you think I know that? You were always a better person than me, Luke. I took it for granted, and I'm sorry."

I can't quite wrap my head around it, any of it. I'm not even sure of my goddamn age anymore. Am I 24, with most of my life put together? Or am I still 19, with a borderline drinking problem and a track record that would make my own mother smack me across the face?

All I know is that my head fucking hurts, and I'm unsure of what I'm supposed to say.

Luckily, I don't have to come up with anything, because the door to my room swings wide open and it takes everything in the both of us to direct our attention to the sound. And for the second time today, I'm wholly disappointed in the face that greets me when I look up.

"You fuckers are loud as shit." Cole crosses his arms, brow raised in what I can only describe as his signature amusement.

I'm still unable to find any words, but Sidney's head rolls back in annoyance. "Of course you're here."

Cole grins, walking over to wrap a not-so-friendly arm around the irritated girl's shoulders. "Damn right, crazypants. If we're having a family reunion then I have to be here,"

She shrugs him off with a glare and I still don't know what I'm supposed to do. But my head is killing me and I'm exhausted, far too exhausted to go any further into this while standing. So, without uttering a word I move behind my desk and slump in my chair, letting my head fall into my hands with a deep breath.

"Get it, Luke?" I picture Cole's grin as he watches me, but I don't bother looking up. "Because she's crazy, and cause' she wears...pants? I guess?"

"I hate my life." I mutter.

"No you don't," I hear Cole scoff out a laugh. "You're actually really fucking happy, and that's why I'm here."

I don't say anything further, but it's Sidney who decided to ask the burning question. "Why are you here, Cole?"

"Good question, my psycho friend," he perks up, and I'm fairly certain he must've patted the top of her head as he spoke, because I hear a sharp smack sound like she'd swatted his arm away. "And you, Hemmings, eyes up here," I clench my jaw, which only proves to further the ache in my head, but reluctantly I bring my head up, eyes burning at the sarcastic grin he holds.

"Thank you," He chirps. "Now, to answer your question, I'm here to end this bullshit, right here, right now."

I blink at him, and Sidney scoffs. "This isn't your business." She crosses her arms.

"When you let it drag on for five years it is," he quirks an eyebrow up. "So, everybody shut the fuck up. It's my turn to talk,"

I don't argue, but not because I agree. Simply because I don't have the energy or the words to speak my mind. So I stay silent, watching him look between the two of us before settling his eyes on me.