4. slow, sweet steps (i sincerely, truly, like you)

now playingdive - ed sheeran

now playing
dive - ed sheeran

"thank you for loving me."

he couldn't believe it. she was there, last night, whispering sweet words against his ears, giggling to whatever that slips out from his lips.

and now she's gone, in a blink of an eye--just like that.

"mr jeon? i'm sorry for your loss." jungkook could only let out a dry chuckle, as he doesn't have any strengths left to even cry anymore. he nods slightly at the nurse's words.

"during her last visit to the hospital, miss jung have signed a form where she agreed to donate her organs if she ever dies. would you sign the form as a confirmation on behalf of her guardian? coincidentally, another patient is critical at the moment and miss jung's heart might be the best way to save her."

even at the last line of her life, jung chaeri have never failed to make him love her even more and more...

and more...

-

"miss kim is alive and well."

taehyung lets out the breath he didn't know he was holding. his hand flaps around, grabbing onto the first thing he could make contact with, and it turns out to be his wife.

"i told you how yerim is a strong girl. you had way too little faith in your sister." joohyun softly smiles before lightly patting her husband's back.

"can i see her now?"

"i'm afraid that she can't handle the pressure of interacting for now, as her heart is still very fragile. you'd get to visit her in 30-minutes time." the female doctor answers calmly.

"thank you, thank you so much."

although yerim never lowers down the volume whenever she blast out some heavy metal rock music at three in the morning, or how her habbit of smacking her lips against the noodles everytime she eat annoys the heck out of him, or how she would do absolutely anything and everything to make him look bad in front of joohyun--

--taehyung never loves her sister any less.

-

"i'm sorry for your loss, jungkook."

jungkook whips his head, turning around to see his workmate, kim yerim, looking at him with a pair of longing, melancholy eyes, and it tugs his heart a little.

they rarely interact with each other, besides a few hellos and short conversations.

"thank you, yerim."

he notices how her petite figure is trembling a little, and how she softly bit her lower lip to keep up with the cold. strangely, she somehow reminds him a lot of her...