chapter 4 | rider

• let's see if you a rider forreal •should i start leaving songs for y'all to listen to while reading? lmk

should i start leaving songs for y'all to listen to while reading? lmk.

chanel's pov

last night didn't end so well for me. i barley bowled and was highly upset, how could nick lie? what's going on with him? i wanted to answer all these questions myself. but i know i couldn't, today i woke up with a major headache. not to mention nick has been blowing up my phone. even more of a headache.. "why you do in yo thoughts?" emma asked me. "nothing." i said bluntly. "girl we know you upset over something. what's going on?" dani asked. i stood quiet for a minute, these are my bestfriends they should know why i'm mad. "when we went bowling.. i saw nick with alyica" i said quietly. "so?" emma said. mia shoved her. "sis.. you still have feelings? after 10 months?" dani asked. "okay i mean.. i didn't have feelings when we was living our best life in the club and shit. but seeing him brings back hella memories. i miss him but idk he seems solid with alycia." i said quietly. "chanel. first of all.. alycia isn't you. he knows that. i'm pretty sure it's the same way with him." mia said. but how can she be so sure of that?

nicks pov.

"nick i miss you" alycia said in the phone. i was on facetime with her cause i was at the studio with jay. "i miss you more babygirl" i said smiling. " i gotta go. i'll see you in a few mama" i said ending the call. she makes me happy i'm not gon lie, but chanel crosses my mind every so often. just thinking about what we could've been if we was still together breaks me. "yo you ready to continue?" jay asked me. "yeah." i said nonchalantly. damn, i miss chanel. ima pull up on her after the studio.

1:54 am.

chanel's pov

i was laying down in the dark. on my phone listening to music. i started to fall asleep on my own until i heard my doorbell. i got up and rolled my eyes. i walk to the door and open it to see nick. he had sweats on with a green shirt and sneakers and his dreads tied up. "wasshanin?" he said smiling. "hi" i said lowly. i let him in and closed the door. we sat on my couch. "why you came over?" i said quietly knowing the girls are sleeping upstairs. "cause i wanted to check up on you" he said licking his lips. my weakness. i always get tongue tied when he licks his lips. there was awkward silence in the air, but he broke it. "you was on my mind, i mean when are you not doe." he said laughing a lil. i smiled at him. "guess that makes the both of us." i said quietly. i looked down at my hands. "don't do that" he said lifting up my chin. "you happy with her nick.. i know you are." i said putting on a shy smile. "i was happy witchu as well. remember when you fought at the club?" he said laughing. i covered my face with my hand. " let's not get into it" i said smiling, showing my teeth. "i missed that." he said licking his lips once again. he put his hand on my thigh. i started blushing. "you blushing.." he said quietly. no fucking duh. i stood quiet and turned away. i forgot i was even mad at him.. he grabbed my face and slowly went in. his phone rang. i read the name of the person calling on his phone, "babygirl". "i gotta go now. ima see if i can come back tomorrow." he said .i walked him out. i locked the door and went upstairs to my room to lay down and cry. why can't we be together ?

632 words.

hey guys ! i didn't do a cliffhanger but i'm glad i updated for y'all. this week is gonna be busy because i'm starting to do cheerleading, i'm so scared but i'll have a busy schedule. i'm going to update as much as i can!

- mia