Chapter 9: Don't die

Author-chan: Look, I will try to make this chapter long

Chara's POV

Asriel: I need to tell you something.

I looked at him with curiosity. I wonder what's happening.

If you're asking, me and Frisk have been here for almost a month since the fall.

Asriel: I-I'm not ready for this...can we go in another place please?

Chara: Sure

I don't know why, but I'm getting scared, and my heart is pounding. What does he have to tell me about?

We reached the place where we fell.

Asriel: Okay, I can do it. *inhales* Chara, I like you, but not just as a friend. Do you know what I mean, right?

...

I couldn't expect it so I coughed, as if I were dying.

Asriel: CHARA!

Chara: *double cough* *cough* I'm sorry Asriel.

Asriel: Anyway, I want to be clear with you. I love you since you fell from the surface. We've been friends for a month, but I can't keep going on without you knowing my feelings.

Chara: Asriel...

My voice was full of sorrow

Chara: Asriel...I...I'm sorry...but I don't feel the same way as you do. I mean, you're a great friend, but I'm not ready for this.

I'm feeling a pain inside me, I think I'm gonna cry.

Asriel: Chara...

He was trying to touch my arm

I don't know why, but I rejected his touch

Chara: DON'T TOUCH ME!

I don't know where this angryness of mine was coming.

I ran away from that place...

I'm so confused, what's happening? Why didn't I let him touch my arm?
He's my best friend after all.

While running, I fell by hitting a rock with my foot, when I fell I hit my head and I fainted.

Asriel's POV

Why why why why why why why WHY WHY WHY?!

WHY?!

Why did I tell her? And now she will never want to see me again.

???: It seems you're in a bad situation

I turned around. It was Gaster, my dad's royal scientist and Sans' father

Asriel: *crying* Why are you here?

Gaster: I wanna help you.

He kneeled down near me. Damn, he was really tall.

Gaster: Look at this flowers here. Buttercups. They're so beautiful, aren't they?

Asriel: Yeah...

Gaster: You know, if you eat them, the person you love will love you back.

Asriel: But aren't they poisonous?

Gaster: No, that's a lie. I know that you love Chara, but she doesn't love you back, am I right?

Asriel: Yeah...

Gaster: Then, eat them.

I just approached a buttercup but then I didn't take the flower.

Gaster: Why didn't you take it?

Asriel: ...It would be selfish. I have to respect her choice. If she doesn't love me, okay, I will find a solution, but I have to respect her feelings.

Gaster: But-

Asriel: And let me ask you, why are you so interested about me getting along with Chara?

He stood there, silent.

Gaster: I had enough.

He took a buttercup, took my neck and made me eat the flower

I immediately lost consciousness.

...the flower...was poisonous...wasn't it...?

But before I could faint, I drew something with my fingers...

Chara's POV

When I woke up, I had a headache. That's clear right, I just hit my head on the ground.

Man, it must be night now. Better go home. I have to repair my friendship with Azzy.

When I reached the castle, I found Toriel crying.

Chara: Toriel, what's happening?

I heard mumbling...something like Asriel.

DID SOMETHING HAPPEN TO HIM?

I ran to his room, there were Frisk, Sans and Asgore. Asgore was crying madly. Frisk too, she was hugging Sans who was caressing her head and trying to calm her.

Asriel was lying on his bed. He seemed dead, but he was still breathing.

I felt something wet on my cheeks. I touched them with two of my fingers and discovered that they were tears.

I tried to call his name, but there were only rotten letters coming out from my mouth.

I ran near his bed and screamed his name.

Chara: ASRIEL! ASRIEL, WAKE UP! THIS IS NOT FUNNY!

Then I remembered I wasn't alone in the room.

Chara: W-WHO DID THIS?! THEY'RE GONNA PAY FOR ALL THE PAIN THEY CAUSED TO HIM!

Asgore: *crying* I don't know...

Frisk: Sans and I were walking near the buttercup land, and found him. We immediately brought him here and Toriel tried to cure him, but he won't wake up...we think about a suicide, everyone knows that buttercups are poisonous, right?

This is enough...

Frisk: CHARA!

I ran away.

I returned to the buttercup land and fell on my knees, and cried madly.

It's my fault if Asriel's dying

It's my fault if he's suffering

It's my fault if he thought about suicide himself

Then I noticed something on the ground.

There were strange drawings made with a finger...

👍✌💧

And then stop.

What do they mean?

...wait a minute.

There's only one person here in the entire Underground who speaks with this language...

I'm sorry for Sans and Papyrus, but I have to KILL him.

I'm blood thirsty, even if he would become dust and I couldn't see the blood on the ground.

I want revenge.

I want his dust on my clothes

I want his dust on my knife

I returned home, everyone was sleeping.

I picked a knife from the kitchen and then ran to the lab.

I screamed with all my voice

Chara: GASTER! COME OUT YOU FRICKIN' MOTHERFUCKER! DID YOU WANT TO DIE? YOU COULD JUST CALL ME! COME OUT IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH BRAVENESS YOU FUCKING COWARD!

Author-chan: I'm sorry for the bad language, but about Chara's part when she becomes a sort of human demon, this is how I feel sometimes so yeah!

Don't worry, there will be the ship, but you'll have to wait! Hope you liked the chapter!