panic, panic in the bathroom

As Monday came around, I didn't want to get out of bed. It had tied me down and nothing would get me out of it. I didn't bother turning my alarm off, as a result I through my phone across the room, breaking it in the process. Oops.

I heard Nina and Amber try and get me out of bed, Alfie even came up to try and pester me out. I didn't move, I didn't smile, I didn't even look at them. After a half hour everyone gave up and Trudy came up the stairs to ask if I was feeling well, I replied with a simple no.

An hour passed, everyone had left for school, Victor had left for a meeting with the council and Trudy had left to do some last minute shopping. I was alone, alone again. I continued to stare at the wall, not bothering to get up or move, I was tired.

As a few silent minutes passed I heard a unknown figure coming up the stairs, my heart began to beat faster, they were coming closer to my room. Thoughts frantically came into mind, finally it arrived, a knock. A simple gesture.

I didn't reply instantly, but I knew they wouldn't leave if I didn't reply. "Come in" i croaked out, my voice scaring me in the process, as I turned my head to face the figure as they came into the light I realised who it was. Jerome.

"Hey you feeling alright?" In his hand he was holding a cup of tea and in the other was a plate of biscuits. I smiled at the gesture and sat up, patting my bed giving permission to sit.

"I'm alright, just a bit.. iffy that's all... hey, I'm sorry for the other day I wasn't in the right mind space, In fact I'm not even now" my voice quiet and small. He looked at me and smiled, his blue eyes staring into mine, they reminded me of the boy at the ball, huh.

I moved out of my blankets, my vest sticking to my body, my arms cold, I rubbed them to generate body heat but it was overall useless. In this process I hadn't realised the man opposite me was staring directly at my scared arm.

"Why?"

"What.." I asked confused as in what he was going on about.

"Your- your arm" with that he grabbed my arm and my heart instantly stopped, fear crossed my face, but instantly dropped to emotionless, like always.

"It was the past, I don't do that anymore"

"Why did you do it in the first place?" His voice getting irritable, anger crossed over my mind. He can't be angry at me for this, it's my bloody body not his!

"Why does it matter to you?!"

"BECAUSE, I care about you"

"No, no you don't Jerome, I've seen you talk girls up then ditch them the next day I won't be one of your conquests."

"Your not, I care about you y/n"

"Stop saying that"

"Saying what?"

"That you care! You don't! And never will!"

"God your so difficult!"

"I'm difficult?! Your the one who bloody came up here all willy billy!" I stared at him tears threatening to fall, I let loose a shaky sob, my breath became hitched and I had realised what was about to happen. I stood up, my legs shaken and brittle, feet started to pad against the gray carpet, my heart pounding against my rib cage, I was running. My legs bringing me to the closes bathroom, my breath still strong and evident, my eyes blurry and the dark room became smaller and smaller with every breath I took. I couldn't breathe, I felt tight, my body trapped in a shaken state. I kept hyperventilating, tears streamed down my face, blurry vision evident in everything I did. Calm down y/n its okay, no one will hurt you, everything is fine. I didnt stop. "Stop" I whispered out, that was the only thing I remembered before I blanked out.