Chapter 3

The three kids burst into the school entrance where people were milling around, talking among themselves and their friends. It was a regular school day but soon it wasn't going to be. The three kids, Mackenzie, Toby and Brian entered the school with worried expressions across there faces.

"Everybody, we need to evacuate immediately", screamed Mackenzie. Students stared up at her like she had two heads. "What is going on here", asked one of the teachers whose name was Mr. Gale. He was skinny with no hair and had a long fluffy mustache.

"Mr. G. The murderer has escaped. Its to dangerous to stay here."

"What are you talking about. What murderer?"

"You wanna die." Mackenzie showed him the clip on her smart phone. His mouth dropped open. "But what does this have to do about us."

"You wanna know why. Because that murder almost killed Brian and us. No, he killed BOTH of our friends, Alistair and Robert. That's why there not here. If you don't believe me then don't but its to dangerous to be here." His face flushed and he looked at Brian and Toby who were standing behind Mackenzie.

"Fine. But if your wrong Mackenzie your getting expelled."

She nodded. "Ok, lets go." It was hard getting the kids out. They all thought this was some stupid drill until they realized that they were actually leaving the state. Some freaked out and cried. "Why are we doing this", one said.

"Are we gonna die?"

"Who did this!?" After about half an hour all their parents arrived in cars waiting to take kids. "Mackenzie, this seriously isn't a good idea", Brian said to her.

"Oh really. Are we gonna risk another death again." He sighed and climbed in the back of Mackenzie's parent's car.

"Ok. Where all ready. We need to stick together", one of the teachers said. They began driving out of the school parking lot and onto the road. Toby, Mackenzie and Brian sat in the back of Mackenzie's mom, Angelia's truck packed with supplies.

"Where are we gonna go", Toby asked her.

"As far away as possible until this is solved." Brian sat there quietly, staring out the window at the passing trees and lakes as they sped across with the other parents and kids behind them. This was gonna be a tough day.

Victor Shade had a newly improved body now as multiple drugs sped through him, combining with his nerves and blood cells. He was now stronger, faster and smarter. He wasn't stupid. He knew that Brian's friends were recruiting everybody to a safe place. That actually made it better for him. All he had to do was kill them at night.

Victor smiled and his friend, Corcker, stood next to him. "Ready", he asked him.

Victor nodded. "Always." It was night out when he got out. The lab was so much bigger since he was last here. There was another building, three stories'. Victor sat in a Mercedes-Benz with Corcker riding next to him.

"Remember. You go for Brian and I go for the rest", Corcker said.

"Yes. Humans can be so stupid sometimes." Corcker laughed and they sped off. Victor put on his mask. It was an hour drive and by the time they arrived at the Mersket motel where everybody was staying it was 11:34 pm and most of the students and parents were asleep.

Corcker parked the car and they got out with there guns on the side. "What did the drone footage catch", Victor asked him.

"There all on the top floor. We need to climb up."

"How is over one hundred school kids and parents on the top floor of this crappy motel", Victor questioned.

"Because there all stupid." Victor took out a new knife. He never used guns. He hated fighting with guns only if he really had to. Victor held a long bronze sharp knife in his right hand that could've been easily classified as a sword. Victor got things ready. His blade was sure soon to be covered with blood by the end of all this.

Brian sat up, awake. He sat on the floor with nothing over him, a crowd of twenty people surrounding him. The rest were in the other motel rooms. Toby was awake to but Mackenzie was out cold. "Do you think he can find us here", Toby asked him.

"If he can then we will all be in trouble but. . ." He stared away. "I'm going out to get air." Toby nodded. "Alright, don't do anything stupid."

Brian smiled and headed out into the cold air onto the deck. A slight breeze brushed his arm and he looked out, a view of a small city in front of him. That's when he noticed Victor near the car holding the knife. Brian's heart stopped cold. How did they find them? Everybody was going to die. He had to stop them.

Brian burst inside. "Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby!!!!"

"What?!"

"He's hear. Come now!" Toby burst off the floor, stepping over people. The walked onto the deck and the two kids spotted the two of them. "No, no, no", Toby nervously said. They quietly sped down the porch.

Brian ran down the stairs and his feet touched the paved parking lot. That's when Victor saw them. "Oh, hey Brian. Just getting things ready. You mind coming over here." Brian just stared at him.

"Why are you doing this? Why do you want the world to end? What is the reason for all this?"

Victor laughed at him. "Some things Brian you cant know." That's when he ran after him, his mask blocking his real face. Toby tried to stop the watcher but Corcker caught him and carried him to the car.

Brian tried screaming as the watcher grabbed on to him. "Mmmmmm", he muffled. The watcher started carrying Brian to the car. That's when he saw Toby coming straight at Victor with Corckers butcher knife and Corcker on his tail. Some how he had escaped from his grasp.

The blade sunk clean into the watcher's head, blood leaking down. Victor released his grasp on Brian and Brian ran up to the motel. "Everybody out!!!!"

Victor pulled the knife out and his head healed instantly. Then he grabbed Toby by the waist and sunk the knife into his head, red salty blood spilling everywhere. Toby collapsed to the ground, dead.