Chapter 1

"Everybody keep your hands in the cell while we check your cells. No resisting any orders or that will just make it worse", a man guard with a beard said in a white uniform said, coming down the solitary hallway, checking each cell with a clipboard and paper. Every jailer looked tired and bored from sitting in there for hours and hours with nothing to do. Some even tried killing themselves.

"So, we have some newbies here. Everyday we check every square inch of each cell. There's no hiding anything. The reason why we do this is so no man can escape because we had a problem like that last year. . ." He looked like he tried forgetting that memory.

The watcher sat on his bench in a small little cell staring at the blank wall and his bars in front of him. He would get out; he was a smart man. Once the guard would open his door he would tackle him and grab for his gun. He'd done this multiple times before.

The watcher hated jail cells. There was so much screaming and it was tight and dirty. He liked wide open spaces. The woods, the fields, the meadows. If he didn't escape he would never get a chance to see that again. He would never accomplish his goal he had been wanting to accomplish for several years now. The watcher needed to get Brian.

"Ok, next cell", the guard said, walking up to the man in the masks cell. The guard stared at him with cold dark eyes. "You look a little naughty", he muttered, staring at his face and then instantly staring at his neck.

The watcher braced himself. Then when the guard opened his cell door he made his move. "What the", the guard said, takin by surprise as the man in mask tackled him to the ground. Before he could speak in his walkie talkie the watcher grabbed the gun off the mans waist and checked to see it was loaded. Then he shot him in the head, blood sprinkling the walls. The siren went off and the man in the mask ran down the hallway of solitary cells, the pistol out in front of him. He was good with a gun. Years and years of experience taught him how to shoot and aim correctly.

Guards burst through a door at the end of the hallway, coming into his view. Before they could even reach for there guns he shot them in the head, the sound ricocheted of the walls. The jailers sat there with there mouths open as they watched the guards fall.

"Ok, guys, your escaping", the watcher said to the jailers. He shot there locks off and they took of running, grabbing the other guard's guns. Fortunately, most of these solitary confiners were well fit with a gun. Most got into jail from shooting someone.

More guards busted out another door but the five escapees shot all of them before they could even notice them. "Hurry", the watcher shouted. They burst into the door at the end of the solitary confinement hallway into the dining area. Guards knew they were coming as they stood on one of the dining tables with there pistols out in front of them. Then they shot two prisoners in the chest. The other prisoners shot them before they could shoot them.

The now four jailers burst out of the dining hall at full speed. The watcher snatched a key of of one of the dead guards who was soaked in fresh blood. More guards came their way but they were already out, into the real world.

They ran down a long street with multiple small houses and trees on either side. The sun was shining over head and there was a slight breeze to the air. The huge four story prison exited their view as they ran into the nearest woods with the watcher in the lead.

It was noisy in the Howard house. Practically half of the school came in, celebrating and playing around their meadows and their big dead garden. It was a huge party for celebrating Brian. They celebrated him because of how tough he was. How tough he was able to make it through without letting the watcher capture him. How tough he was able to face his fears.

The three friends ran around, playing tag in the meadow. Brian had never been so happy in his life. More kids joined and he new that everything was gonna go back to normal. The man in the mask was rotting in jail. Or, at least, he thought he was.

As the kids played tag the friends branched off to do something else. "Mackenzie, Toby, can I ask you something?"

"Sure", they said. "Anything."

"I don't know why but I think where still not done with this war. Remember, he technically isn't dead and he must be a pretty smart guy if he could survive a knife wound."

The two other kids nodded. "Ya, but its not like the watcher can escape out of jail, right. . .", Mackenzie said slowly.

"I don't know but lets just forget about this whole thing." They nodded.

"Hey Toby, can I speak privately to Brian for a sec." He nodded and went off into the field with the other kids. "Brian, you have to listen to me. If this man ever does somehow come back, I want us to be ready at all times. There's something about that guy that just isn't right, ok. I need you to be protected at all times, you understand."

Brian nodded.

"Take this." She handed him the watchers butcher knife.

"How did you get this?!"

"Just take it. If something happens Brian, I want you to be protected. And if he ever does escape we need to get everybody to safety. Your whole family." He nodded again and they went off to play like nothing ever happened. Pretty soon over fifty kids were playing a huge tag game and over fifty kids were super happy.

Hi guys. I would love it if you vote this chapter. It would mean a lot.