Chapter 27

POCAHONTAS COULD not sleep that night. Her back bothered her all night. She didn't stitch it up or do anything to help it. Bucky was in his apartment, he couldn't get much sleep after what happened during the picnic with his girl. The first thing she did in the morning was look for this mysterious man who gave her a bit of a challenge. In her 400 years of being Mother Nature, she had never seen someone who could go head to head with her. Bucky was at work, he needed to keep up the appearances for the sake of having to pay the bills and such. That was when he got an unexpected surprise.

He looked up, rolling his eyes as he saw who this person was.

"What are you doing here Cynthia?" He asked, getting back to work on the engine under the hood. He knew she wouldn't cause a public scene after the last battle.

"I didn't finish what I started." She said, walking towards Bucky.

"Do you really want to do that here?" He retorted, not really worried at this point.

"I don't care where I have to do this, James." She could tell that he didn't care about what she was saying.

"Well, I'm more worried about this new threat that seems to have appeared yesterday. And right now, you're not my main concern. So come back another time."

"Sorry, I don't take orders from you anymore." She sneered, grabbing him by the arm.

He reacted quickly and locked her arms in a certain way that if she tried to move, her shoulders would dislocate. "So sparing your life wasn't enough for you? After what I told you last week?"

"You gave me a glimpse of what it's like to cause pain. And I like it. So this is your fault, James." She said, being unable to move at all.

"And yet you're terrified. You're scared of what you are capable of. Scared of yourself." He emphasized the last three words.

"I don't have time to be scared. All I need to do is kill you and everything will be okay." She said, attempting to move but it caused her a lot of pain.

"Stop this nonsense. Now." A familiar voice to the two of them said.

The struggling duo turned their heads to see Pocahontas, looking pissed as hell.  Pocahontas waved her two hands, the wind separating Cynthia and Bucky. They both flew into a wall and fell on the ground.

"Don't lay another hand on her, James." She demanded.

"I was trying to keep her from doing anything else, or she would've tried to kill me again." He groaned, sitting up. "Was that necessary, though?"

"Yeah, like restraining her in a manner where she could've dislocated her shoulders totally helps? Right?" She told him sarcastically.

Bucky just gave her a look and said, "Would you have rather I'd killed her instantly? Because I didn't want that."

"No. Just don't touch her at all."
He definitely did not like this attitude of hers.

"Fine." He grumbled, standing up to move away as Cynthia watched with a scowl. "Not like she was going to kill me if I didn't stop her." He was being sarcastic, now in a sour mood.

"Winds, separate them." She whispered to the wind and the two hit walls again.

"What is wrong with you, Princess?" Cynthia asked, rubbing her head.