Chapter 73

Elaine

We stand on the good, firm solid ground facing the large steel doors. The night high up and densely dark, easily embracing the tone of our dark clothing.

"Can someone tell me what exactly are we doing here?" I ask, looking either ways at a grinning Lee and smirking Hailey. The duo was fine when they had banters and lovely friendship going on. But when they team up on you, they were borderline creepy.

Tonight was the night, I wanted to sleep the night off earlier so that I could jump up the first chance to meet Ian and conceal the breach of any legal formalities away. Not because I was desperate. But I could finally be free as an individual to take my own decisions after that.

But the night had other plans for me. Executed in the form of Lee and Hailey who had adapted a mutual silence for now. The one who banged my door, cracking in through my Peaceful slumber and throwing certain fabric at my face earlier tonight.

I eyed the stretchy black hoodie and white jeans. Obviously frowning with sleep induced cells clogging any rational thinking.

"Wear them" Hailey commanded as I scowled deeper.

"Why?" I asked, a little alarmed.

"Because we want you to" Lee grins, but immediately goes back to his constipated stoic pose with hands behind his back.

And then I got shoved inside the washroom, hurled over the car. Which by the way was Lee's, it was again a sports car. The one I hadn't seen before. And then again Lee was a racer and what could you expect from an Asian who was on a quest to break all sorts of Asian stereotypes?

"You both are wearing same clothes as mine" I rock back and forth in the back passenger seat as they ignore my question.

Indeed they both donned the dark hoodie and jeans.

I try again. The city lights buzzes off, until he turns round the corners with much more neighboring portions and then, slow lifeless parts.

"This is unfair."

Silence.

"I have the right to know about where I am being taken to"

More ignorance.

"I want a cow"

Since they were high on there nonchalance role, might as well irritate the patience out of them.

So it went on.

I sang Mary had a little lamb in a horrific voice that I could pull off, Then diverted to playing with the seater arrangement as I kept pulling it and knocking it out.

The look on Hailey's face was priceless.

Then I told Lee that BTS rapper Suga and him would make a great pair. And yes, Riley gave me an input about the k pop band who is apparently taking over the world. And I've heard Lee at times listen to them with headphones on during lunch.

A little sneak and I am sure he had a picture of them as his wallpaper.

As predicted, Lee choked as Hailey raised a brow at him in question. Quite interrogative if you may ask.

And then I blurt out wrong lyrics to their songs. At times I felt the patriotic self of Lee pale around his knuckles by the steering wheels as he opened his mouth to correct me.

I almost smirk in victory when he yells out.

"We are here"

My shoulders falls in defeat as their squares up, proud as they both turn to face me from their respected seat at the lil ol me.