“What the hell – who the – Rebecca?” he stuttered, staring at me with wide eyes.

I burst out laughing looking at his incredulous expression.

“What the hell are you doing here?” he mumbled.

“Nice to see you too.”

Jake squinted at me sleepily, scratching the back of his neck and covering his mouth with his other hand as he yawned.. His hair was in disarray everywhere, but he still managed to look good.

“What’s the effing time?”

“It’s noon, sleeping beauty,” I said, tugging at his messy hair.

He swayed unsteadily. “It’s way before I normally wake up. Did you have to come over now?”

I shrugged. “Your mum called me and told me to.”

He groaned. “Typical mum.” He fell onto his bed again.

“Hey, don’t fall asleep again,” I said, poking his arm. “I’ll scream once more.”

He opened one eye. “You know, I’m thinking of payback for that one.”

“Oh, really?”

He nodded. “But I’ll do that later. Right now I need my beauty sleep,” he said before turning his back on me.

“Oh, no you don’t, mister,” I said, grabbing his arm to haul him out of bed.

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. My knees buckled and I fell over him. He switched positions so that I was on my back and he was beside me, snaking his arms around me and pinning me down.

“Gotcha,” he whispered, smirking at me.

His breath on my neck sent shivers down my spine. Even though I liked my current position, alarm bells were going off in my head. HOLY SHITE! What if his mother comes in? I wriggled, trying to get out of his embrace.

This is your payback?” I asked, trying not to stutter.

He grinned. “Yep. Now lemme sleep.”

To my horror, he buried his face in my neck, his breath tickling me.

“Jake!” I squeaked, controlling my giggles. I was extremely ticklish.

“Your hair smells nice,” he mumbled.

“Gerroff me!’ I exclaimed, struggling and thrashing my legs, but he put his legs over mine and rendered me helpless.

“Honey, if you thrash around like this when a guy tries to get you in his bed then it’ll be a teensy bit of a problem,” he said, practically speaking on my shoulder, his voice slightly muffled.

I froze, feeling my heart in my throat and my cheeks instantly heating up. Jake chuckled.

“I knew that’d make you stop flailing your arms around like a goose,” he said smugly.

Goose?”

He nodded on my shoulder. “I hardly make sense in the morning. Get used to it.”

“Jake…your mum…” I said uneasily, trying to get out of his arms, but to no avail.  

He pouted. “But you’re so cuddly.”

“Jake…”

“Oh, alright.”

He finally raised his arms and I scrambled out of the bed, smoothing down my clothes. He had an amused look on his face as he sat up.