Chapter 24

Why did I say all of that? Arthit hid his face in his palms and sighed. It wasn't supposed to end up like this. He wasn't really mad at Kongpop but the frustration was so built up he didn't know where to vent it anymore.

"Damn it." Arthit cursed loudly, fighting the inner himself. He wanted to head out after Kongpop really bad but this wasn't the right time. They both needed time to clear their heads and sort out their thoughts.

Arthit really wished he would've told him he didn't mind to be around nor seen with Kongpop. At this point, he had no right to be mad about Kong for not telling him important things. The truth was Arthit trusted his husband the most of all people he knew. He was feeling hurt after finding out it wasn't mutual and Kong wasn't as open to him as he thought. This just made Arthit cautious, as he was more disappointed than he expected. He didn't want to get hurt by being betrayed by the last person he trusted.

He got scared even more after unexpected and fast development in the situation, as their "husband act" started showing up even when they were alone. After one year, everything will be over and Arthit will be labeled as ex-husband of the Prachaya heir. Something he won't ever be able to get rid of or escape to. The more lovely-dovely footage and scenes they have together, the more it will back-fire later.

After a year, he's going to be alone again. He didn't care about his reputation much, but Kongpop still had a chance to go back to his ex-girlfriend, he was just being stubborn for the time being. Arthit didn't want to ruin his husband's whole life by the drunken mistake they made.

Once they divorce, Arthit will end up alone again. Being still hurt by the break up and Mary's affair, he started to attach himself to Kongpop and slowly heal. If Kong heals me, won't all the pain come back once he's gone? He thought, not wanting to go through all of this again. But the more he tried to distance himself from Kongpop, the more closer he wished to be.

This is all just a one big disaster. Crossed Arthit's mind as he got up and headed over to kitchen.

*** *** ***

The cold breeze spread to every corner of Kongpop's body and mind, cooling it down rapidly. He intended to return in next couple of minutes but couldn't bring himself to face Arthit even after an hour. The words repeated in his head, making his chest feel tight. This really looks like we're... gay.

Gay.

Gay.

"Damn it!" Kong covered his eyes with one hand and sighed. This was so frustrating. Theoretically, Arthit didn't say anything wrong. He acted as any other straight man would, not feeling pleasant about the situation. That was the most frustrating part.

So what if we're like that? You shouldn't have married me if you don't like it! Kong argued in his mind with himself.

After spending over an hour sitting in the near park and thinking about Arthit and their current situation, Kongpop decided to sleep in his apartment for tonight. He was glad Arthit didn't go after him as they both needed space for the time being. Not going back and argue again is a wise decision, right? Kong thought as he unlocked his secret home. He intended to sell it again but it suddenly came in handy. He couldn't rely only on Arthit, having a back-up plan and a place to stay if needed wasn't that bad.

Despite their argument and Kong's worries, he fell asleep the moment his head touched the bed, being too exhausted from working overtime.

*** *** ***

Kongpop woke up without any alarm distracting him from his peaceful sleep. As he found out, his mobile was out of battery. He plugged in the phone, turned it on and disappeared in the bathroom meanwhile, in order to wash his face. He slept in his work-clothes, without brushing his teeth nor taking a shower. He had all of his stuff over Arthit's place, leaving his apartment completely empty. He didn't even had bed sheets nor a blanket with pillow.

As he reached to check his phone for emails and messages, number of notifications popped on his lock screen.

My Dear: 17 missed calls.

11:25 pm.
My Dear: Where are you?

12:47 am.
My Dear: I'm sorry, I don't want to fight.

12:59 am.
My Dear: Just come home already, I promise I won't say stuff like that anymore. I didn't mean it.

01:14 am.
My Dear: Shall I pick you up? Just tell me where are you and I'll be there in a bit.

01:30 am.
My Dear: I can't reach you no matter how much I try. You've forgotten your keys so I'll leave the door unlocked. Come back.

02:02 am.
My Dear: Kongpop...

As Kong read all of it, a huge smile formed on his face. His whole body, once being cold only few minutes ago, was now burning. He unplugged the phone, took his stuff and headed out as fast as he could. He didn't even bother to put on his shoes.

Arthit really left the door unlocked as he promised.

Kongpop entered quietly, wondering where his husband will be. He found him pretty quickly, sleeping on the dining table with a meal in front of him, placed on a side where Kongpop always sat. He must have cooked it after I left...

Kong couldn't help and stare for a while at his sleeping face. Arthit was laying on one of his arms as a pillow, the other being placed in front of him for a better comfort.

"P'Arthit?" Kongpop shook his shoulder gently to wake him up. "You can't sleep here, P', your body will ache."

Arthit's eyes shot open upon hearing familiar voice. He straightened up immediately, getting mildly dizzy from the sudden change in positions after hours.

"Kongpop!" He exhaled once he could see the person in front of him clearly. "What are you... wait, no, where were you? I couldn't reach you." He muttered, feeling still confused from the sudden wake up.

"I'm sorry P', I stayed over my friend's place, my phone died and I noticed only in the morning, I really did mean to come back sooner, though... I'm truly sorry. For everything."

Arthit said nothing as he stood up to face his husband properly. They were looking at each other for a few seconds before Arthit made a step forward and wrapped his hands around his husband.

Kongpop's eyes widened after realizing that Arthit was hugging him.

"I'm also very sorry, Kong."

I'm so tired. Don't have the energy to check my errors, point out anything that is grammatically incorrect or doesn't make sense!

Thank you for your constant support, votes and comments!