Just when Frank was dozing off there was a unnecessarily loud knock at the bedroom door. Frank shifted but didn't seem to disturbed, still Gerard was annoyed.

"Come in." He said quietly and calmly.

The door was opened slowly and Bert entered carefully. "I didn't notice Frank was in here, sorry."

"What is it?" Gerard asked, running a hand over Frank's thigh to distract him from their voices.

"Oh, um, Brendon is out in the entrance hall. He didn't call before coming so-"

"I'll be out in a moment, thank you." Gerard said.

Bert scowled, looking as if he had something else to say but Gerard rose an eyebrow as a warning and he exited the room without another word. Gerard sighed after he left, pushing aside the guilt he felt after being rude for no reason other than his own bitterness. He took frank into his arms, lifting him under the arms, and sat him onto the bed. Frank whinnied, like he did when he was conscious, in protest to being removed from Gerard.

"I'll be back in just a few minutes, kitten." Gerard said in a soft tone. He placed a kiss on Franks cheek and left the room, leaving the door closed at first out of distrust for the help around the house, then deciding to leave it cracked.

Still in the back of his head, thoughts of Frank being harmed right under his nose lingered ever since the house maids returned. Gerard felt pity for any mother who went through the pain he did with their child.

Downstairs Gerard could already  Brendon's distinctive and loud voice talking to everyone who passed him. Looking around quickly, Bert was no where to be seen which was usually an issue but Gerard decided to look for him later.

"What on Earth are you doing here?" Gerard asked his friend.

Brendon's lips curled into his signature smile when he saw Gerard, "Damn, well thats not the greeting I hoped for from my best friend."

"Well, it's the greeting you get when you show up without warning." Gerard said guiding Brendon to the lounge room.

"Did you get new curtains or something? It looks less dead in here." Brendon said looking around the room dumbly.

"No, it's been the same since the first day you've been to my house." Gerard said.

"It's probably just Frankies presence."  Violetta said. "He really does brighten up the place." She said as she dusted a few shelves in the room.

"Speaking of Frankie, thats who I came here to talk about." Brendon said.

"Oh, is it something bad?" Gerard asked, "Violetta, could you go check on Frank, thank you."

"Well, no, not necessarily." Brendon shrugged.  

Violetta scurried off to leaving the two men alone.

"What is it?" Gerard asked after she left.

"Well you've had Frankie for quite a while now and I know I struggled with this when I first got Ryan." Brendon smiled thinking of his first memories with his pet, "Like his heats? How are they? Everyone is a bit different and I know you have no fucking idea what you're doing so I could give you advice on that since an expert."

Gerard's eyebrows were pulled together in confusion, "His heats?"

"Oh," Brendon said, "Well one should have happened by now." He said confused.

"I still have no idea what you're on about."

"Well I think you should do some looking into them, like actual research you know? You're taking care of Frank with nothing but your common sense." Brendon suggested.