thirteen

༻•••༺

༻•••༺

"What is it?" Bert groaned, his voice was muffled due to the thick dark-wood door and the music playing behind it.

"Open the door, Bert, i'm not asking again." Gerard said firmly. Not at all phased by Bert's rude defiance.

There were dramatic, heavy footsteps leading to the door.

Bert opened his door radiating pure angst, "It's my fucking off day you can't make me do anything you said I deserved one day to breathe and-"

Gerard refrained from rolling his eyes and instead held up at dismissive hand to the boy.

Bert scowled at his hand childishly but didn't say anything more.

"I haven't come here to do anything like that, It is your day off and I respect that." Gerard's momentarily passive wording kept Bert quiet long enough for him to speak. "Though I do need to talk with you."

Bert crossed his arms and stepped out of the door way, "Talk about what?"

Gerard let himself into the room that he barely ever saw. More was heard from Berts room than any other. The loud rock music that he never turned down in regards to his house mates. No one ever came in Bert's wolf den of a room, taking a brief look around Gerard decided that that might be for the best seeing as Bert room was terrifyingly unkept and would give any other one of the maids a heart attack for sure.

Bert placed himself back onto his unmade bed, criss cross with a box of cigarettes in his hand. "I'm gonna guess that this is about Frank, yeah?"

Gerard hesitated, wanting to keep himself dominating the conversation as he had planned. "Yes, it is."

"I wanted to ask you if he was alright. . . he's been acting a bit off."

Gerard nodded, sighing. He knew now exactly what the problem was. He was still in shock of it himself, though we knew that he needed to deal with it.

"I think. . . Well I know what's causing this strange shift in his behavior." Gerard swallowed shifting uncomfortably under the boy's confused gaze. "He's displaying the signs of a heat. One coming soon at least."

Bert squinted like he'd never thought once of the possibility, like Gerard in the beginning.

"You mean like when they-"

"I know," Gerard said interrupting Bert's sentence that would have, no doubt, been something bawdy to make him upset. "What they do."

Bert grinned mischievously, his smirk was teasing and disrespectful itself.

"Sounds like fun for you, yeah?" Bert said.

Gerard kept his expression stern and unbothered, "Just be cautious of what's going on with Frank." He said.