Mothers, Sisters, Girls and Women

"Hello my sun kissed girl." Mom said to me as she walked towards me across the courtyard of Kensington Palace.

"Hey Mom." I said to her as she reached me. I hugged her tight, before pulling away and taking the dress carrier from her arms. I then linked arms with her before the two of us walked over to my flat.

"So tell me all about the honeymoon." she said.

"Oh Mom, it was amazing, like the most amazing place. I had seen pictures of the Maldives but until you get there, it is so beautiful. And the hotel was beautiful and the staff were so wonderful and it was just so lovely to have that time with Sam where we weren't talking about work or uni or travelling or weddings. It was the best thing in the world and I think we have come back so much more in love, because we had that time together to just have with each other and mess around and have fun because we weren't worried about work and stuff." I said as we reached the front door of my flat. I unlocked it and then held the door open for Mom. She went and sat down on the sofa while I hung her dress carrier by the door.

"Oh I'm so glad and the pictures you sent did look amazing. Is Sam here?" she asked and I shook my head as I sat down on the sofa beside her.

"No, he's gone to see his Dad and then he's going into uni for a lecture. Do you want a drink or anything?" I asked her and she nodded.

"A cup of tea would be lovely." she said.

"I've got some of that cranberry and raspberry one if you want that." I said as I got up and she nodded. I went into the kitchen and filled the kettle before getting out two mugs and putting a normal tea bag in one and a cranberry and raspberry one in the other. While I waited for the kettle to boil, Mom appeared in the doorway of the kitchen.

"I would have brought it to you." I said to her.

"That's alright." she said as she came over and sat on the bar stool beside me. She put her arm around me and smiled.

"I missed you. I don't want you to grow up." she said to me. "And I know you already have, but this today, it reminds me of the little girl who I used to teach about feminism when she was little." Mom said and I hugged her back and smiled at her.

"I'll still always be the little girl that you taught about feminism. I'll still always be the little girl who had her Mom's name come first, that's not going to ever change." I said. Today Mom and I were going to round table conference about feminism as today is International Women's Day. Mom was going as a representative of the Queen's Commonwealth Trust, as she had been announced as the Vice President this morning and I was going to support her and speak at the conference as well.

We drank our tea before going downstairs and chatting about the honeymoon and the event today while I did my makeup. We then both got changed. I wore some navy blue suit trousers, a white shirt with navy blue stars dotted all over it and a navy blue jumper over it. I slipped on my favourite navy blue heels and then grabbed a clutch as well. Mom wore a black and white dress with a blazer on and we met upstairs once we were both ready. I put on my navy blue coat while Mom slipped on her shoes. We stopped by the large full length mirror next the front door of my apartment.

"Do you wanna be in my instagram boomerang?" I asked her. Usually Mom said no. I always asked her just in case and she allowed the girls and Alfie to be on my instagram but she was rarely featured. But this time she nodded and we filmed a short boomerang before leaving the apartment and going downstairs and out to the car. As we drove across town I captioned my boomerang saying Happy International Women's Day from me and my No. 1 woman. I showed it to Mom and she approved before I posted it to my story. I then turned off my phone and put it in my clutch.