Sadness

"We have decided to move to Windsor." Mom announced at the dinner table a couple of weeks after everything had happened with the baby. Since then, everything had been fine, she still got pains but she knew that the baby was fine. 

"When are we moving?" Poppy asked. I had known for a long time that the subject of moving to Windsor was some day going to come around. Mom and Dad loved living in London because there was so much here, but it's never the place that they wanted to raise their family and Windsor is so lovely and holds a special place in their hearts.

"After Christmas." Dad said.

"What about our school?" Holly questioned.

"Well, it means that after Christmas, you will go to a new school in Windsor and its the same school that Daisy went to when she was nine. It's a really lovely school and next week, you're both going to go for the day and visit there and spend the day in the class that you'll be in." Mom told them. She was trying so hard to get them to be excited about it because she was worried that it was going to disturb them so much more. But I think that after this and the baby being born, everything would finally begin to settle down and there won't be anymore disturbances for a while. But we could never really be sure.

"That's so cool." Holly said and Mom and Dad breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Are we gonna have a bigger house?" Poppy asked and Mom nodded.

"But we can still share a room?" Holly questioned.

"Of course you can." Mom said, "But it will be big enough for you to have your own rooms if you want." 

"What about Daisy?" Holly said.

"What about her?" Mom said.

"Is she going to have her room?" Holly questioned. Mom looked at me and then I looked across the table to the girls.

"Sort of, I won't be there all the time because I will be in London, but when I am there my room will be in a different part of the house, it just means you'll have to go downstairs and then outside to get to my room." I told them.

"Why?" Holly questioned.

"Because I am going to be in Toronto and in London a lot, so I won't actually be at the house in Windsor that much." I said.

"Why?" Poppy asked. I was now worried that me moving out mostly was going to throw them off more than the actual moving would. 

"Because Poppy, now I'm a bit older, I can't live with Mom and Dad forever can I, so at some point I have to move out and be a big girl." I said.

"Are you moving in with Sammy?" Poppy asked. Dad and Mom both laughed and then I did as well.

"No, I'm not, but he might come and stay with me." I said.

"Can we come and stay with you?" Holly said.

"Well I was hoping that you would both be the first people to come and visit me. My flat is going to be in the main building, in Kensington Palace, so I won't be far away when you are in London." I said and their faces lit back up. 

"Really?" Poppy questioned and I nodded.

It was the next morning, when Mom and I went over to the main building to see the flat that I was being given. Dad had spoken to Mama and explained to her about how they wanted to be in Windsor with the twins and the baby, but he told her about how I still needed to be in London a lot. She didn't even hesitate to allow me to have one of the apartments within the main building of Kensington Palace. The keys had been given to Dad's private secretary a few weeks ago and after some work being done to it, it was finally finished. The front entrance led to a huge reception room and then to a kitchen and a smaller reception room, which would be my office. Downstairs there was three bedrooms, one larger one, which would be mine and two smaller, which would be guest bedrooms. On the top floor was a roof terrace, which showed the view of the whole of Hyde Park and it was absolutely beautiful.