Engagement

"So where are you going to have these pictures taken?" I asked as I sat on the small but soft stool in the corner of Mom's new dressing room.

"It's called the Sunken Garden." Harry said from the bed in their room. "It's just a little walk over there and it's beautiful Dais. I'll take you over there one day, when it's not full of press." He continued as I got up from the stool and went through to his and Mom's room. Harry sat on the bed tying the laces of his shoe. I perched on the window sill as Mom came through, with two pairs of shoes in her hands.

"Which ones?" she asked as she held them both at knee level. I paused for minute to think about it.

"Why not those blue ones?" Harry asked as he put on his second shoe. Mom and I both looked at him.

"Because the dress is green and it just wouldn't match." I said to him before giggling. He rolled his eyes slightly. "Those ones," I told Mum as I pointed to the cream wrap around ones which she held in her right hand.

"I thought you might say that." She said, as she put the other pair on the floor by the door to the dressing room and then sat down on the blanket box at the end of the bed and put on her shoes. I stayed perched on the window sill trying to see across the courtyard over to where the pictures of Mom and Harry were going to be taken.

"You can come over to main building with us if you like, then you can sit in the window and watch, then after you could come back here and go and get the twins." Harry said as he came and stood next to me. He was making reference to my two younger sisters, Poppy and Holly, who were six and at school in London. Neither of us could see the Sunken Garden from here, so I agreed and got down from the window sill and went to my room. Guy was lying on the fuzzy rug on my bedroom floor, his favourite place to be. I slipped on some trainers from my wardrobe and grabbed a jacket and my laptop from my bed as well as slipping my phone into the back pocket of my jeans before going downstairs to the hallway, Guy following close behind. I put my coat on as Mom did the same and then followed Harry out the door, taking Guy with me. He never really needed a lead because he was well behaved and would just follow me, occasionally going off path to have a sniff, but always coming back when Mom or I called him. He wasn't quite used to Harry yet and still wasn't sure about sleeping in a room with him, hence why he likes my rug so much. But I know, like me, he'll get used to having Harry around.

Guy and I walked behind Mom and Harry, who strolled in front holding hands and chatting about something that was making Mom giggle. Harry was good at that, making Mom laugh. He made her smile in a way I hadn't seen for a long time and so I didn't mind when they walked in front sometimes, leaving me behind, because I could see by the look on Mom's face that she was so happy. We arrived at the main building of Kensington Palace and Mom and Harry chatted to Harry's private secretary in the lobby, while I stood behind, with Guy by my side.

"Dais, do you want to go up to the attic?" Harry asked me, turning towards me, along with Mom and his private secretary.

"Yes please." I said to him. He nodded, as if to say that was alright, and gestured towards the main staircase. I began walking towards it, with Guy just behind me.

"Daisy," Mom said, "You'll be alright up there won't you?" She asked, looking concerned. I know she's worried about me. She's worried that everything with Harry is going to interfere with her relationship with me. If I'm honest, I'm scared about that as well, but at the same time, I know that our relationship is strong enough withstand just about anything.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm just gonna watch and write my blog. Give me a wave." I said, before turning towards the stairs and going up them. Guy followed me all the way to the top, where the ceiling became slanted and there was a small door next to the window. I pushed it open and found the room at the top empty, as it had been every other time I'd been up here. Harry said no one ever uses it, except him, to see into Hyde Park. I pulled a chair up the window, in a perfect position to see the Sunken Garden. I sat down and opened up my laptop, to the page where I had begun to write my blog. I sat and looked at the blank page for a few minutes. I knew that Mom and Harry weren't scheduled to go outside for another half an hour, so I tried to think about what to write. And, as had happened many times before, the words just came tumbling out of my head and straight onto the page.