Petal

"Right this is it Daisy, are you sure you're ready to do this?" Mom asked as she stood at the bottom of the stairs and I stood a little from the bottom on the third step.

"Yes, I'm sure, I feel ready to do this." I said before I sat down on the step and slipped on my trainers. I was already wearing a pair of black leggings, a sports top and a sports down jacket. "Poppy, Holly" I called up the stairs as I put my shoes on. The two of them came down the stairs, both wearing a pair of black leggings and black Adidas jumper. I got up from the stairs when my shoes were on and got them to sit down and put their shoes on. While they did, Mom was stood by the front door and I got their coats from the hooks. They were down jackets the same as mine, but in light pink. I held them out and they took them from me once they had put their shoes on.

"Right be good for Daisy, I love you ok? Make me proud." Mom said as she bent down to the girls. She kissed each of them on the head before standing up, "Be good, I love you, make me proud." She said and I smiled before she kissed my forehead as well. I opened the front door, where we were met by Ruby. 

"You all ready?" she asked, I nodded as I led Poppy and Holly out of the door and shut it behind us. Ruby and I walked behind the girls towards the car and climbed in. I sat on one side, with Holly in the middle and Poppy on the other side. Ruby got in the car in front of ours and we began to drive out of the palace gates. We were going to our first ever engagement, without Mom or Harry. The three of us had done a few since Mom and Harry's engagements but this was the first of our own and we wanted to show that we were going to have an active role in royal life. We were going to a sports club in London, which was supporting children who had suffered bereavement or a troubled family experience. We were having a tour of the sports club and then being taken to play with the children in the sports hall and going outside to do some running and things and then we were going to officially open their new gym. It was also the first day of the Christmas holidays, so it was cold and although Mom and Harry were still working for the next week, the twins and I were flying to LA tonight to see Grandma.

We drove for about 30 minutes across London until we arrived at the sports centre. There were a lot of people lining the streets and we could see them out of the window. 

"Right, you know what to do. And if you don't then just hold my hand and I'll be there. I love you no matter what ok?" I said before putting out my fist and both of them bumped it, just as the car stopped. I took my seat belt off and the door was opened by the security man, John, who had been sitting in the front. I got out the car and went around the back of it, where I was met by Poppy, and then Holly who was just getting out. I walked with them both in front of me to meet the manager and owner of the sports centre, who was taking us around. He bent down and shook the hands of Poppy and Holly before standing up and shaking mine.

"Hello, Miss Markle-Thompson, I'm Stephen Fields, we're so glad to welcome you here this morning." He said.

"Please to meet you, you can call me Daisy, and this is Poppy and this is Holly." I said putting my hand on each of their heads as I introduced them. We were taken inside, away from the screaming crowds and into the lobby of the sports centre. We were shown around the inside of the sports club and spoke to many of the children who were a part of the club, before being taken into the main hall. In there, the children were playing netball. I, along with the twins, joined in. As we threw the ball around I got speaking to some of the kids.

"Good catch!" I said to one of them.

"Thank you," she said back, "My Dad died like yours did and I think its really cool that you're supporting people who have lost people like you." 

"Well thank you, I think it's very important that you're doing the amazing stuff that you do despite what's happened to you." I said back, as the ball continued to travel around the circle.