Paternity

"Have you read this?" I said to Harry, handing him my phone with an email opened up from Anthony, the head of security at Kensington Palace. I waited as Harry read the email before he looked up and walked over to me.

"He can't do this." he said, handing me my phone again. "He can't just completely disrespect you for almost a year and then just run along and expect to be let back into your life after all of the shit he has put you through. He can't come to England and come here and think your going to let him back in. He can't do this to you, or us, or our girls or this baby Meg, it's not fair and I'm not standing for it." he said. He was annoyed, more annoyed than I had ever really seen him before.

"Hey, hey, hey, shhh, the girls will hear you. Come here." I said, walking towards him. He was standing at the window in the kitchen, looking out into the garden. He turned around just as I reached him. He pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me, as much as he could, as my bump was in the way.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, the last thing that you need is me freaking out. I'm sorry." He said, kissing the top of my head. I rested my head on his chest as he rubbed my back.

"It's fine, I'm fine, you just need to stay calm, because do you know what? He can't get to us, and he can't get to our girls, he can't get to our baby, so we will be ok." I said to him.

"I know. And you're alright with it all, I mean he's your Dad, he's the girls Grandad." he said.

"Yeah, I'm fine, he may be my Dad, but after everything, I don't need that sort of negativity in my life, or in the girls lives. I need you and me and the girls and this baby. That and my Mom, that is all that matters to me."

***

We got back from LA, late at night, the day after the Women in Hollywood Awards. Holly was on half term from school so it wasn't like she had to be back anywhere. We got a car to pick us up and take us back to my flat and when we got home, we dumped our stuff, changed and went straight to bed.

The next morning, the two of us woke up late. Holly woke up before me, and reached for my phone which she played on before the sounds of it woke me up as well. I sat up beside her and pulled her into me, letting her head rest on my chest. We stayed like that in silence as she played on my phone and I watched.

"Can we have some breakfast now Daisy?" Holly asked and I nodded. The two of us got out of bed, and each put on our dressing gowns. Holly and Poppy had one which they kept here for when they stayed, which I got them for Christmas. We then went upstairs and into the kitchen, where I found some cereal and some milk, which hadn't gone off. I made it, before taking it to the island, where Holly sat on a stool waiting for it. I sat down on the one next to her and we both ate, while she told me all about the dream which she had last night.

After breakfast, I had a shower and then the two of us got dressed. I wore a blue and white striped t-shirt dress, with some tights and Chelsea boots. Holly wore a blue denim skirt with a striped top and matching tights, with similar Chelsea boots to mine. We were going to the Royal Albert Hall this evening, for a charity ballet event for Ivy House, but this afternoon, as it was by this point, I needed to go shopping. So I got my bag and coat, as well as Holly's before we left the house. We decided to walk to the shop, as it wasn't far. I was in London for the next week and not going anywhere, I so I had decided to treat myself to shopping in Wholefoods, instead of Tesco. We walked across the courtyard and down the path to the front gates. We continued out of the front gates, with a protection officer close behind, and went to the supermarket, where Holly helped me, as I bought everything I needed for the week. We did this for almost an hour before we were finished and walked back home to Kensington Palace.