Leave you

"It's a shame we can't do this again tomorrow." Harry said. I smiled. I did as well but I need to be home for the girls preschool graduation and I have to work as well. I paused for a moment because I knew that I wouldn't last a whole two dates before I told them that I had three daughters and they'd run off like the rest.

"I would as well, but I need to get home, back to Toronto. Although, we do have Botswana to look forward to." I said before hesitating. "But you see, there's something I haven't told you yet." I said and as soon as I said it I wanted to put the words straight back into my mouth. He looked at me, very confused.

"What might that be?" He asked.

"You see, I have to get home because I have three daughters at home, well actually they aren't all at home, one is here but I need to get home to see them and," I said, realising that the words had literally just fallen out of my mouth faster than I could even think them. I stopped and looked away from the table in front of us and to him. He smiled.

"You have daughters? Three daughters?" He said. I had really done it this time, now he definitely wouldn't want to see me again and our trip to Botswana next month would not be happening. I nodded looking guilty at him. "What are their names?" He asked and I was almost in shock. When I had mentioned to people that I had children they cleared off straight away, without even stopping to ask their names.

"There's Daisy, then the twins are called Poppy and Holly." I said.

"Twins?" Harry questioned and I nodded.

"Yeah, they're three and Daisy is sixteen." I said. Harry's mouth opened wide before he reached for his drink and said,

"You do not look old enough to have a sixteen year old daughter." I smiled and reached for my wine glass as well and took a sip.

"Thank you, I was only eighteen I had her. That's why I look too young, because I was so young." I told him.

"Was that difficult? Having her so young?" He asked.

"Incredibly, I still hadn't really figured out who I was and what I wanted to do so when she was born my life just launched into craziness and I couldn't handle everything. But she did completely change my life and although it was hard, I don't think I could have done half the things I do if it wasn't for her, she is the reason that I have worked so hard, because I don't want her to suffer because I had her so young. She is my life, I mean, all three of them are, but Daisy has this amazing ability to know exactly what I'm thinking and she is truly amazing." I said. By this point, we had both put our glasses back down on the table and Harry held onto my hand across it.

"It is gorgeous the way that you talk about her." He said and I smiled again. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to her Father?" I sighed, knowing that this question was always going to come.

"When I got pregnant, it was in the summer that I finished school and Rob, Daisy's Dad, was over in LA, his Dad was Mexican, but had grown up in LA, so they spent every summer out there. We met in a club in June of 1999 and then went back to his parent's apartment that night. We kept in contact and were together, I guess, but by the time I realised I was expecting Daisy, in late August, he had gone back home, to England. I had to defer my place at college and put my entire life on hold for this baby and he told me he wasn't going to do the same. He flew back out to LA in the September and we talked and he essentially told me that he wanted nothing to do with Daisy or I. I hated him, there and then, but as time went on I began to accept the fact that for the rest of my life it was just going to be Daisy and I. My Mom was amazing and everything was fine until the January, when on New Year's Day I went into labour with Daisy, eight weeks before she was due to be born. I was rushed to hospital and gave birth to a tiny almost lifeless baby girl. It was, to this day, the most horrible thing I have ever experienced. She was in the NICU for 10 weeks and for a long time, it was very touch and go. When she was born, I called Rob and told him. He was training to be in the Army here and he got special leave to come out and meet Daisy. He stayed for a week, when she was six weeks old before he had to go back to England and from then it was just me and her. He wasn't there when she came out of hospital, but he flew over a couple of months later and apologised and said he wanted to be a part of her life and ever since then, he absolutely adored her and she adored him, but we couldn't be together, he was in England, and I was in LA, it wouldn't have worked and it was better for Daisy that we were friends rather than together at constantly at each other's throats. But he, sadly he was deployed to Afghanistan in 2008 and he was killed by an IED. It absolutely broke Daisy's heart and ever since then she has just had me. She misses him so much, but she is a bit like me and when she's upset about something she doesn't tell anyone." I told him.