26: Pulled Her Back From The Edge

Kenpachi: your name is nikos is it?

Niko: zaraki taichou. Hai.

Kenpachi: what a pain in the ass. I didn't want to be concerned with shit like this.

Niko: eh?

Kenpachi: but I won't tolerate such a coward to be in my squad. This requires some lecture.

Niko: eh? What are you talking about? Did I do something wrong?

Kenpachi: not you. Takahara.

She was a little stunned by the name he called out. After all, takahara, is takahashi's brother. The one that came to blame her the other day. The one that blames her for everything that happened to his brother. The guilt she holds deeply till today.

Takahara walks to the two's front. He looks to niko with much disgust and hate, then looks to his own taichou "taichou."

Kenpachi: you are new to the squad. Aren't you?

Takahara: huh? Hai.

Kenpachi: then, do you know the rules of my squad?

Takahara: that this is a fighting squad.

Kenpachi: maa... there's that. But more importantly, do you know what kind of guys I hate most?

Takahara: no...

Kenpachi looks down stern with a little bit of disgust "hmph. I... hate guys who are cowards. Especially guys who don't take responsibility of their own shit and blame it on others." He takes out his own zanpaktou and points its tip at takahara. Takahara shivers "taichou..."

Kenpachi: if you don't have guts to accept your brother's death then you don't have guts to fight like a man.

Takahara: but...

Kenpachi: shut up. He died in the battlefield like a man. You cried like a baby over his death. When are you going to grow up?

Takahara looks down in shame "I..."

Kenpachi: this is why I hate babies. Tsk.

.

.

.

Toshiro had waited outside squad 2 barracks for her to return "I heard you came back from squad 11."

Niko: um...

Toshiro: how did it go?

Niko: you know about it?

Toshiro: I didn't want you to feel too much guilt over something you couldn't really control. Although I understand how you feel, I still didn't want you to kill yourself over it. I think to things like that... we can only can try to do much better next time.

She took in a big deep breath sigh "it sure sucks to be a leader." He cold laughs "there are things you can't choose."

1) "I got to choose you."

2) "makes me want to quit"

___________________________________________

"I got to choose you."

He looked into her eyes and smiled, warmed by the answer she gave. He hugged her in his embrace tight, glad he managed to pull her back from the edge.

__________________________________________

"makes me want to quit"

Toshiro: there's no such protocol.

Niko: then, maybe I can be first?

Toshiro: are you still thinking of suicide?

She looks into his eyes and could tell the worry he had for her. She goes to him and hug him.

How could I want to die? He is here for me.

Niko: no. On second thought, I still want to see toshiro everyday.