Manik: Sorry sorry sorry.... I hv reached the mall, where are u?

Nandini: At the jewellers.... Second floor!

Manik: Will be there in 2...
He said disconnecting the call as Nandini informed Nyonika the same. Soon Manik rushed into the store and looked around for Nandini and Nyonika. He spotted them waiting for him and walked closer.

Manik: I m so so sorry... I got stuck up somewhere!

Nyonika: Manik... This is very irresponsible of u! It's been 4 hours.
Nyonika said sternly only for him to look at her with pleading eyes,

Manik: Sorry mom!

Nyonika: Anyways... Now come, we just hv ur rings to select.

Manik took a seat next to Nandini who softly whispered to him,
Nandini: Where were u?

Manik: Nothing special... Just somewhere!!
Manik replied shaking his head as he dismissed the topic and a no. of rings were displayed in front of them.

Nyonika looked through those as she picked a few up and passed it on to Nandini to try. Nandini slid the first ring onto her finger and looked at it when she heard a sudden no from her side.

Nandini: Why?

Manik: Coz I don't like it.
Manik simply shrugged at it without any further reply making Nandini shake her head at him while a small smile crept onto Nyonika's face as saw nandini immediately keeping the ring aside. Taking up another one she tried it, only to have a No again. The same thing kept on going for the next 7-8 rings when Nandini sighed in frustration.

Nandini: Manik.... U r not at all helping!

Manik: None of these are good... U know what lets just go somewhere else and try.

Nyonika: Manik... This is the best store and moreover all these rings are beautiful. Just choose one na...

Manik: No Mom... These are all just average. Nothing here seems good enough for you. And I want something special...
He said again shaking his head.

Nandini: Ohk then Mr. Grumpy.... We r going to have lunch, why don't u sit here and find ur something special...

Manik pouted at her words when Nyonika said to Nandini,
Nyonika: Let's just choose one for him first and then we'll leave him alone.

Manik rolled his eyes at the two ladies while the staff displayed another set of male rings. Manik picked out a few from the lot after which he turned towards Nandini to ask for her choice.

Nandini: These two are the best out of all these....
Nandini chose two of his chosen rings making him smile as he finally decided his ring.

Nandini picked it up and passed it to the attendant to pack. Manik excused himself from there and walked away. Nyonika and Nandini got the bill ready for all the jewels that they had bought. They were almost done and were standing near the counter when Manik returned. He stood next to Nandini and held up her hand from the table.

Nandini stopped her conversation with Nyonika and turned towards him in confusion,  only to find him sliding a ring onto her finger.

Before she could look at the ring, she heard him whisper to himself.

Manik: Perfect !!

Slipping her hand out of his she looked down, only to find herself mesmerized with the beauty of the ring on her finger.