Chapter 11- Runaway and Intensity

En başından başla

Amy slowly opened her eyes and immediately widens. There in front of her was a block of shield made of ice! The claws of the shadow was stuck in the middle. It was trying to pull its claws out. She victoriously smiled for a second when she realized it was her chance to escape. She ran around the block, sent a lady-like smirk at the shadow held captive, and ran.

She was just about 15 feet away, when she heard  something crack. Looking back, her face paled when the shadow was able to break free. She doubled her speed when she got through the shrubs and just took the path where they are more trees. Hopefully to lose the shadow.

However, when she jumped over another low root she saw a clearing a few feet away between two huge trees. She slipped in between and stopped when she was in the middle. She panted and took a moment to look back to see if the shadow was able to follow her. No one was in sight.

When her gaze returned in front of her, she screamed when the shadow was just in front of her.

'OH, COME ON!' She thought, exasperated.

"Like I said, you can't run away from me princess." One step forward.

"But I managed to outrun you!" She retorted with two steps back.

The shadow paused. Then smirked. "But not enough." It lunged, claws raised.

Amy gasped. Her pale and scared face reflected on its claws. Her hand was itching to use her powers but she was too frozen to moved. 

She closed her eyes shut. Waiting for the pain.

.

..

...

"AMY!" 

THUD!

Amy opened her eyes and saw the shadow being held back by...Shadow?

"AMES!" Amy whipped her head to her left in time to see Sonic in front of her in a blue blur. His lime green eyes were filled with worry, fear and anger. "Are you okay? Were you hurt? Did we come too late?" He asked in panic. When his gaze landed on her wound, his eyes turned dark. 

Amy froze when she heard a faint growl coming from Sonic. Following his eyes, her gaze landed on her shoulder. She bit her lip when her left arm was covered in blood and was now throbbing in pain. Why didn't she noticed it earlier? Oh right, because she was trying to avoid an early death.

A loud grunt made both hedgehogs turned to the Ultimate Life Form and the shadow he wa currently blasting Chaos Spears at. He made eye contact with them and yelled, "Get Rose out of here!" Before his eyes regained their murderous look. "You will pay for hurting her."

Amy gulped at his deadly tone. She was suddenly swept bridal ground and was now resting in Sonic's arm bridal style. Sonic gave a brief nod to Shadow and ran out of the forest in a Sonic Second.

~**~

It turns out, the clearing where Sonic and Shadow found Amy was just 10 miles from the pink hedgehog's home. It's either she was running in circles for many hours or she was running around blindly.

She chose both.

Amy was currently in her living room, her wound attended by Cream and Tails. She was reluctant to enter inside but Sonic's glare scared her. When she saw the remains of ice on her door earlier, nobody mentioned it. She hissed when Tails accidentally dabbed harder on her wound. 

"Oh, sorry." The two-tailed fox said. Cream bit her lip as she saw how many blood was on her best friend's arm. She glanced at the dress her best friend wore and couldn't help but wonder how or when she got and wore it. But...it does suit her.