where were you in the morning?

shawn's pov:

i awoke thanks to cold air coming into my room through my opened window. i stretched my arms and legs while yawning before turning to the right side of my bed.

it was empty, very much unoccupied. definitely not how it was last night.

this all started just after i came back from tour...

when i arrived, i slept for almost a whole day, but when i woke up, i went to my parents'. i chilled there for a couple of hours, catching up with them and aaliyah. it was close to eight pm when matt texted me. he let me know our friend group made plans to hang out at our usual spot and i was to be there in an hour.

somehow i was able to leave my parents', get to my condo and change, order an uber, and be at the place in a little over an hour. when my uber dropped me off, i headed straight to the back without being stopped once. my friends and i always went to the back because it was somewhat away from everyone and sort of close to the bar.

i immediately saw matt and his girlfriend and walked over to them.

"hey, rockstar!" matt yelled over the loud music while hugging me before patting my back.

"hey!" i yelled back while laughing before hugging megan, "it's nice seeing you both,"

"the feeling is mutual," megan said with a smile before leaning into matt's side.

i quickly glanced around the very crowded room, "where-"

"look who finally showed the fuck up!" brian yelled after walking over to me before handing me one of the many beers he had, "took you long enough!"

"brian, what the fuck?" laura screamed while holding her drink and a girl i've never met before's hand, "you can't just leave us like that then expect us to run in heels!"

this girl was beautiful.

brian rolled his eyes, "i'm sorry you two keep getting hit on and slow me down by making me wait for you to politely let them down!"

"you don't get it, do you, craigen?" the beautiful girl that i didn't know said.

brian rolled his eyes again before making eye contact with me. i was raising my eyebrows and slightly tilting my head toward the mystery girl.

"oh, how rude of us," brian said before standing next to the girl's right so laura would be on her left, "this is the homie y/n!"

y/n slapped the back of brian's head, "i'm not your homie,"

"alright then," brian said before putting his hands up, "she started off as just laura's friend, but i guess she was okay enough to now be apart of the squad,"

"that is exactly why i'm not your homie," y/n said before she facepalmed, "you say stupid shit like that,"

brian rolled his eyes playfully before going towards matt and megan, leaving y/n, laura, and i alone.

i turned to y/n and stuck the hand that wasn't holding the beer out while keeping a smile, "hey, i'm shawn,"

"like the dumbass over there said, i'm y/n," she said before laughing while shaking my hand.

"nice to meet you," i said while keeping my focus on her, "when did you and laura meet?"

"around a month ago?" y/n said with uncertainty while turning to face laura.

"just about," laura responded while nodding before taking a sip of her drink and facing me, "she recently moved here,"

"well then," i said, lifting my beer in the air, "welcome to canada,"