The Sage's Blessing

Start from the beginning

"Anyway, that was an insightful conversation, I think we should get going now. Maybe someone should stay with Obito to make sure he's okay," Kakashi rushed, "I think you should Yuyan since you can continue healing him if he needs it."

"I'll be here then," she smiled and stood up, "good luck out there."

Before we could get going Obito lifted his hands weakly and entwined his hands together. At first I thought what he was up to now, but I knew he had already changed.

"Obito that hand sign-" Yuyan began but she got cut off.

"The Gedo Art of Rinne Rebirth," he started to explain weakly, "I finally understand why Nagato betrayed me to support you and Naruto. How ironic, both Naruto and Nagato were Jiraiya's disciples so in a way I was defeated by Jiraiya himself."

Yuyan placed a hand on both of his and pleaded, "we don't pick and choose the lives we save here Obito, if you can live then you do that and make up for everything that you've missed out on."

"You better appreciate it, I wish I had a second chance of life, and I'm sure your sensei here wishes the same. Be grateful that people had mercy on you," I agreed.

He looked to me with a pained expression and I knew he was apologizing with the look in his eye. Obito must have felt pity that I died so young, but sometimes it didn't feel that way to me, I always felt like I was older and knew more. Not that I was above anyone, but I tried to understand whereas people around me accepted things easily.

Before we took off, Kakashi, Minato-san, and I quickly turned when we heard Yuyan yelp out. That weird black blob clung onto Obito's chest as he was about to start undoing his hand signs for that technique he mentioned. Yuyan quickly tried to stab through the blob but she missed when it quickly morphed onto Obito's body.

In just the blink of an eye, it was all over his body and he was resisting it with all the strength he had left in his mind and body. None of us reacted quickly enough for him to use the technique he had previously mentioned. Nothing happened just then but the black zetsu detached itself from Obito's body.

"So did you mess up or something?" I questioned.

"Madara...has been revived for good this time," Obito managed to answer. That was not what I was expecting but okay I guess.

"Your time is over now Obito, I'll be taking that left eye of yours," black Zetsu reached for the eye but all of us present attacked him and he dodged by once again attaching himself to Obito. He explained to us that he was Madara's will incarnate which sounded like a whole load of bullshit to me but I just accepted it because I have no other explanation for who he is.

"Until Obito dies, I'll be using his body to fight. He's a good for nothing traitor so this way he will fulfill his use until the very end," Black Zetsu announced to us.

Now that Madara was revived for good, it could go two different ways for this war. He was vulnerable and could be killed right now so if we manage to kill him that's the end. However, now that he's alive he has the potential to become the new ten-tails jinchuuriki which I assumed he's going for.

I sighed as I watched Obito fight for his life against Black Zetsu, things didn't look too well despite how much effort we were putting in. All I could hope for was that everyone above was holding him back.

Ran's POV

Hi everyone, Ran here speaking to you from the battlefield. Currently, Madara has been revived and summoned the Gedo Statue with that one Rinnegan he has. The battle is in a dire state, but that's unless I have anything to do about it, and I do!