Chapter 1: Adoption

It's not that Louis is alone.

He just hates silence.

And being a single man who owned a large house – he has plenty of silence in his life.

Except for when he has all of his siblings over for Christmas, that's the only rare occasion he craves silence.

Otherwise, he hates the feeling he gets when it's silent. He's able to hear the whistle of the wind on a windy day, the persistent chirping of the birds singing their morning tune, the violent creaks of his house scaring him into believing that mystical being could be in the house – that one night they're going to kill him while he's in a deep slumber.

Childish, he knows. But being lonely in a house that you could get lost in, your imagination thinks up the weirdest of stuff. Now, he could always find an Omega to accompany him in his luxurious home, which believe him – he has. But of all the Omega's he's met, none have given him a feeling of desire and warmth. No tingly feeling, no fireworks, nothing.

So, naturally, he let his mind wander. He let it wander into the corner of his mind where the idea laid. He's never really given it a thought – having children, but now it almost seems right. He's only 23, nearing 24 soon but why not start early?

Besides, how hard could it be?

——

So, two months later and Louis now lives with his adopted son, Harry Tomlinson. He's a quiet, meek curly headed 18 year old who already has Louis right under his thumb. To say Louis spoils harry is an understatement, he showers him in the most exquisite treasures. What Harry wants, Harry gets.

However, Louis could buy Harry the moon and Harry would still be the most kindhearted, care free, selfless person anyone has ever met. He's grateful for everything Louis gets him, and most of the time repays Louis by making him bracelets out of the beads that Louis bought him when he first moved in. Louis wears a different bracelet everyday proudly, not caring if people thought they were childish.

He loved how Harry was himself, how he expressed himself. Harry was the perfect son, truly.

Louis was quite possessive over Harry. He granted him with the best tutor money could buy and blocked the outside world out. He knew that it was wrong in a sense but he could think of more than one reason why it was the right thing to do. Harry was a selfless, pleasing, kind, naive, gullible 18 year old boy who wore skirts and ladies undergarments.

So, yeah. Louis didn't want the harsh outside world to influence Harry in any negative way. Could you blame him?

Harry, being so young, didn't really think much of it. He couldn't complain, he loved being inside the excessive house because he's never had a proper home. So being here, in his new home, was good enough for him. Even if he spent most of his time in there.

He would go out sometimes. Like if Louis tried preparing food for them. It would end up burnt and he didn't want to call in the chef, so he would take Harry out to eat at some extravagant restaurant that had insane prices, but great quality food. Of course, it could never even put the slightest dent in Louis' bank account, him being a CEO of his own company and what not.

He would often go with Louis grocery shopping, picking out whatever his cravings would be that day. That was Harry's favourite time spent with Louis. They would laugh and joke around while Harry would sometimes hide and wait for Louis to pass him before jumping out in front of him to scare him.

One time, Harry had been acting up once they got to the till and kicked Louis' shin because he hadn't let him fill the reusable bags with their bought items and the cashier, a male Alpha with a big bushy beard confronted Louis on it and asked "You let your Omega act like that?"

Long story short, Louis had yelled at the rude cashier for asking him such a question, and straightened him out by telling him that Harry was his son and hadn't presented yet, not that it was any of the mans business. It was the first time Harry heard his adopted father yell, and whimpered at the harshness of his usually soothing voice. For Harry, it brought back such dark memories and he ended up running to their car, away from all of the yelling and commotion.

Once Louis got in the car he apologized over and over again, perching Harry on his lap and holding him tightly until his tears faltered and he fell into a deep sleep. After, Louis drove them home and called up the grocery store to tell them of the inappropriate cashier, having them apologize over and over again once giving them his well known name.

Louis never seen the cashier there ever again.

——

Hi! I'm really sorry that it's such a short chapter but it's just basically explaining louis and harry's situation and basically just a bit about them. Next chapter will be a lot better, i promise;)
K🍒