Rick O'Connell

Iris's POV

After Evie dated the map to be three thousand years old. We took it and the box to show Doctor Bey. But he didn't believe her when she said it could lead us to Hamunaptra. He even burned the part of the map that had the Hamunaptra symbol. So the next day Evie and Jonathan to search for answers themselves.

I went with them as Doctor Bey couldn't babysit me. As he was called into an emergency board meeting. So I walk in between Jonathan and Evie as we entered the Cairo prison. "I thought you found it on a dig in Thebes?" I ask Jonathan confused.

"I was mistaken" he states.

"You lied to us!" Evie exclaims.

"I lie to everyone, what makes you two so special?" he asks us.

"We're your sisters" we snap while I pout.

"That just makes you more gullible" he tells us. He tells us the truth on how he acquired the box. As the warden appears and starts leading us to the cells.

"You stole it from a drunk at the local Casbah?!" Evie demands looking annoyed.

"Picked his pocket, actually" Jonathan corrects.

"What is this man in prison for?" Evie asks the warden.

"I did not know, so when I heard you were coming, I asked him that myself" he states.

"And what did he say?" I ask curious.

"He said... he was just looking for a good time" he states as we reached a cell. Some guards brought a man out. He looks dirty and had long messy brown hair hanging over his blue eyes.

"This is the man you stole it from?" Evie asks Jonathan and he nods his head.

"Who's the broad and child?" the man asks and I frown at him.

"Broad?" Evie demands and I look at her confused. What did broad mean?

"These are my sisters Evie and Iris" Jonathan tells the man.

"Well I guess she's not a total lose" the man says looking at Evie. Just then we heard a commotion. The warden said he'd be back in a moment and left.

"Ask him about the box" I tell Evie as I hold Jonathan's hand.

"We uh,... found... your puzzle box, and we've come to ask you about it" she tells him.

"No" he says letting go of the bars.

"No?" Evie and I say confused.

"You came to ask me about Hamunaptra" he states. Evie looks around before approaching the bars. While I stand beside Jonathan, neither of us moving.

"How do you know the box pertains to Hamunaptra?" she asks him.

"Because that's where I found it. I was there" he answers. Evie and I look at him dumbstruck. But Jonathan lets go of my hand and approaches the cell.

"How do we know that's not a load of pig swallow?" he asks him.

"Hey, do I know you?" the guy asks him.

"Oh no, I just have one of those faces" Jonathan tells him. But the guy punches him in the face. I pull Jonathan and hug his arm tightly.

"You were actually at Hamunaptra?" Evie asks the man.

"Yeah, I was there" he tells her.

"You swear?" she asks him.

"Every god damn day" he states.

"That's not what I meant" she tells him.

"I know what you mean. I was there, alright. Seti's place. The City Of The Dead" he tells her.

"Could you tell me how to get there? The exact location?" Evie asks him.

"You want to know?" he asks her.

"Yes" she says and he beacons her closer. The man reaches through the bars grabbing her chin. Then lays a quicker kiss on her lips.

"Then get me the hell out of here" he tells her. He starts to be dragged away by the guards as the warden repairs. "Do it lady!" he shouts.

"Where are they taking him?" I ask the warden confused.

"To be hanged" he states. "Apparently he had a very good time" he states looking at Evie. He then leaves and Evie follows him. Telling me to stay with Jonathan.

"Jon, what was they guy's name?" I ask holding his hand.

"Rick, Rick O'Connell" he states.

"Will Evie save him?" I ask concerned.

"I'm sure she will and then we'll go to Hamunaptra" he tells me. "Think of it as a family holiday" he tells me. I smile and we go back to the car. Soon Evie returned say she'd saved the man and we'd meet him tomorrow morning at Giza Port. We then all go home to pack for the journey ahead.

A/N

Picture above of Rick O'Connell and picture on the external link of Iris's outfit.