Giza Point Attack

Iris' POV

We reached Giza Point safely and I am now wearing a light brown skirt and white shirt. Evie is also wearing something similar to her old clothes. I miss my Egyptian clothes though. I'm sitting on mine and Evie's bed patting a white cat I'd found wondering around. Jonathan is at the bar. Evie and Rick are arguing in front of me.

"I thought you didn't believe in this stuff!?" Rick demands as he starts to pack Evie's suitcase.

"Having an encounter with a three thousand year old walking-talking corpse tends to convert one" Evie states as she unpacks the clothes he'd put in the case. Though it sounds scary. I am still annoyed that I didn't get to see this mummy.

"Forget it, we're out the door down the hall and gone" Rick tells her.

"No, we are not" Evie tells him as he throws more clothes into the case. Evie unpacks them again.

"Oh yes we are" Rick retorts.

"Oh no we are not! We woke him up and we are going stop him!" Evie tells him firmly.

"We? What 'we'? We didn't read that book, I told you not to play around with that thing. Yet you let Iris read it. Didn't I tell you not to play around with that thing?" he demands.

"Yes, that's right, me, me, me, me, I, I. I woke him up and I intend to stop him" she states.

"Oh yeah? How? You heard the man, no mortal weapons can kill this guy" Rick reminds her.

"Then we're just going to have to find some immortal ones" she retorts.

"There goes that 'we' again" Ric says as he grips the suitcase. "Y'know I wonder if..." he starts to say. Evie slams the suitcase shut on Rick's fingers. "Ah!" he shouts in pain shaking his hands.

"Listen we've got to do something! Once the creature's been reborn his curse is going to spread until the whole of the Earth is destroyed" Evie tells him. I shiver in fear hugging the cat.

"You're scaring your sister and is that my problem?" Rick asks her.

"Don't fear Iris, I won't let anything happen to you" Evie assures me. Before turning back to Rick. "Well it is everybody's problem!" she snaps.

"Evelyn, I appreciate you saving my life and all. But when I signed on I agreed to take you and your siblings out there and bring you all back. End of job, end of story, contract terminated" Rick tells her.

"Oh, that's all I am to you, a contract?" Evie demands.

"Ok look, you can either tag along with me or stay here. Risking Iris' safety and try to save the world! What's it gonna be?" Rick asks her.

"I'm staying" Evie tells him.

"Fine" he says heading for the door.

"Fine" she shots back.

"Fine" he says and slams the door.

"We are going to be ok? Aren't we?" I ask Evie.

"Of course we are, I won't let anything happen to you" she assures me. "Now who is this cutie?" she asks giving the cat a pat.

"I don't know, I found him" I tell her. "He called us Tzipporah and Anck-su-namun. They were in Uncle Terence's bed time story" I tell her.

"What bed time story?" she asks me.

"The story he tells me every time he babysits me at night before bed. It was about a Priest called Imhotep who fell in love with the Pharaoh's wife Anck-su-namun" I explain.

"And who is Tzipporah?" she asks me.

"Anck-su-namun's little sister and the Pharaoh's step daughter" I state.

"Do you know anything else?" she asks me.

"No, I always fell asleep before the story finished. But Uncle Terence will know more" I tell her.

"Then we'll pay him a visit" she tells me. I smile happily. "I must go collect a few things, stay here and I shall be back shortly. Try get some sleep" she tells me. "Now Mr Burns is next door if you need anything urgently. But otherwise let him rest" she states. I nod my head. She kisses my forehead before leaving.

I put the cat down and find a string of ribbon. I start to use it to play with the cat. Giggling. I know I should be sleeping, but I'm not tired. Suddenly I hear a thud from the other room and frown in confusion. "Mr Burns" I say as I head to the door.

I open it and freeze at the sight before me. Mr Burns, or what's left of him, lying dead on the floor. His body is shriveled to half it's size. "Tzipporah" a voice says from across the room. I see an incredibly muscular, corpse-like vision from hell and scream.

"Iris!" Evie shouts and I spot her by the door with the others. Rick with his gun.

"Hey, leave the child alone" Rick tells the mummy.  The mummy smirks and walks closer to me. I back away scared. Suddenly the cat I had been playing with jumps onto my shoulder and hisses at the mummy. Who shrieks as the balcony doors are blown open. He spins into a blast of wind and sand & swirls out the doors.

Evie and Jonathan rush over to me. Hugging me tightly as I cry into Jonathan's chest. "It's ok Iris, you're safe now" Jonathan assures me.

"We're in serious trouble" Rick states.

"Not yet, there's only one person I know who can possibly give us some answers" Evie tells them.

"Uncle Terence" I say looking up at her and she nods her head.

"We're going now" she states and Jonathan picks me up. He carries me to the car as the other four followed us. We all get in and I sit on Evie's lap as Jonathan drives us to the museum. Henderson and Daniels are in the back seat with us. While Rick is in the front with Jonathan. I notice the white cat on the floor of the car and smile. Glad he is coming.

A/N

Picture above of Iris' outfit and picture on the external link of Rick arguing with Evelyn.