Quartet - Corrupted Friends

Börja om från början

Silence.

'Oh. I'm sorry to hear that.'

"It's fine, it's fine, really, we coped well. Had each other."

'Me and my mother aren't really on good terms, I practically had to raise myself when I was in my mid-teens.'

The air seemed even more tense after Luna's statement about her mother. Now would be a good time to change the subject.

"ANYWAY!" Lumina broke the awkward silence. "You didn't deny it! You didn't deny that he was your Sweetheart, Tetra~"

"OH FUCK OFF"

'We love you too.'

Tetra yet again started thrashing about, attempting to hit his sibling in the face. Lumina just laughed.

Shortly after, Luna scowled as she scanned her surroundings.

"Hold on. It's gonna get rough." She muttered, and with a mighty swish of her wings, accelerated.

Before any of them could fully register what was going on, suddenly they felt a sharp breeze and a CLANG from behind them.

They looked behind them to see a hydraulic press that appeared out of almost nowhere, barely brushing against Skye's deformed feet. She flinched.

Now that Tetra's not trying to kill Lumina and Quin and Pi not observing the fight going on, they could finally focus on their trajectory.

"Crap, PULL ME UP!" Tetra screamed, spotting a sudden obstacle that would otherwise break their legs. Lumina and Pi both nodded and hoisted their sibling up, who also in turn lifted their legs up to avoid the wall. Quin had to duck a few times, and instinctively tried to steer Skye by tugging at her shoulders. She just yelled at him to keep his hands to himself, and that "She was the pilot here."

The wind flapped loose hair and clothing in the wind, as the sensation of freedom blew through their bodies.

And despite the completely inappropriate time to be thinking about this - they realised how truly lucky Skye was.

Riding on the back of Neptune through the seas was like riding a powerboat, but Skye was as free as a bird.

A shout started to build up in Lumina's throat, and soon enough she let out a "WOOHOO!" A labyrinth of hydraulic presses and turning gears surrounded the five as sometimes even Skye had trouble fitting through the smaller crevices. It was like they were navigating a circuit breaker. All the cogs and gears formed a shrill yet rhythmic metallic song that will glue itself into their souls for the rest of their lives. They even heard yelling from the other side of a wall.

But eventually, they found the source of the corruption.

Turning a corner into a dark hallway, they saw a light on the other side, creeping around the corner like a stalker made of white light. They wondered what it was. Skye carried the four of them down there, and when they came up their eyes widened.

The Tree of Life was the centre of everyone's lives. Legends say that it was created to protect us from an vengeful, malicious demon that will threaten to tear our souls apart.

So obviously, it came as a shock to see the very thing that held them together be tainted an angry pink as opposed to its peaceful white.

One third of the Tree of Life, one single triangle was dancing from the ceiling just like another piece of trash. Below it, was a conveyor belt that contained dazed, drugged innocent humans. On a seperate ledge not too far away from the conveyor belt, contained a pile of drugged humans that were dropped down from a tube, one every ten seconds. The look in their eyes was dazed and unfocused. Clamps took hold of them by their shoulders and transferred them onto the belt. There were clamps that squeezed the Triangle, and a juicy liquid started to be secreted from it. What the liquid did, once it landed onto the unsuspecting person's head, just like a dollop of honey, you could see their faces twist in anguish for a split second before turning emotionless. Once they did, a darkness will surround their vision as black ink bled from their eyes, and slowly their colourful features all turned pink. Greens, Blues, Purples - the Corruption is not picky. They were moved along onto solid ground before walking free. Not as happily, full of energy and character like they were before. Stoic.