"Are you going to the pack house?" Meryl queried, busying eating her breakfast.

"Yes, we are following a very important case." I answered distractedly as I watched her eat her breakfast with a smile on her face, content.

Her head snapped up at me at my words. "Case? About Lisa's mate?" She blinked at me, her eyes wide.

I realized it was my first time talking to her about my work. I wanted her to be oblivious to the evil that surrounds her and if possible keep her under my wings- protected and away from any harm, always. But it was a wishful thinking and I have to do what I got to, to keep her safe.

Though I was certain she will be able to take care of her herself with all the rigorous training she was doing, I still didn't want her to land in any situation that demands her to fight and put herself in danger.

"Yes, about her mate." I answered watching her reaction. She gave me a nod, looking deep in thought. "We think it's the same person, the one who kidnapped you and also the one who's trying to overthrow my rule." I informed her. As a Luna, she has the right to know what was happening in and around the pack.

And like she once said, If I don't tell her such things, who else would.

Strangely, she took the news better than I had anticipated. She was calm and collected. "So did you find any leads on him?" She asked softly.

"Not yet but we found an abandoned shack which we suspect was used to be once where the Revolutionist were staying." I said, gauging her reaction. "We will find some leads."

"The Revolutionist?" She sounded confused.

It struck me then that I never once had this talk with her and there was no chance she'd know who the revolutionist were. "That's what they claim themselves to be or like we call them- the faction." I stated.

Slowly, she nodded her head. Her eyes dropped to her food and she started to pick at her food looking deep in thought, then softly, her voice in a mere whisper, she asked, "Will he come for me, again?"

Instinctively, my hands reached over and engulfed her comparatively small ones. "No one is taking you, Meryl. Not under my watch." I assured her. She looked so fragile, tiny and scared.

I saw her swallow and then nod. "Even if he comes for me, I won't make it easy for him and will put up a great fight." She tried to smile but it didn't quite reach her eyes, she was scared.

But damn, was I proud of what she said.

Withdrawing my hands, I got off from my seat and rounded the island to hold her. I pulled her towards me by her shoulders and stroked her hair. "I am sure you will beat him to a pulp." I tried to ease her worry and was rewarded with a light giggle and I felt her nod against my chest.

Pulling away from me Meryl grinned at me widely. "I am going to train with Dante today. Helen said, it's an experiment." She informed me, her eyes brimming with excitement.

I got back to my seat and drank my coffee. Helen had came to me the previous day to get my approval to let Meryl train and par with Dante, she wanted to test her strength and just how strong she was. After a thought, I agreed but not before ordering her to be careful.

"And what kind of experiment is that?" I asked, although I already knew an answer to that, enjoying the sight of her bright smile that graced her face and her eyes that were lively and gleaming with excitement.

Meryl was more than happy to explain. "She said I was getting stronger." She gave me a smug smile making me smile a little at her adorable reaction. "And since I've already defeated her in every possible category, we're going to check it with Dante. If I manage to take him down today, I will be put up against two tomorrow and then three the next day, and so on." She rambled on.