Billionaire Baby Deal - Chapter 2

Mulai dari awal

I'd only seen Diego in person once since we departed and that was when my family and I attended a charity dinner. We passed glances at each other constantly. I smiled at him once, and he scowled back. 

Probably because I had a glass of champagne in front of me - not that I drank it, I had a few irregular sips of it when people were looking. I wasn't much of a drinker anyway. Or maybe he felt more comfortable with the legendary scowl constantly on his face. 

In the end I ended up asking the waiter for a glass of water or orange juice. When it arrived Diego became more placid, even giving a quick smile to the man talking intently to him. 

Though he didn't even give me a small smile. In fact, he didn't even acknowlege me. When we were saying our goodbyes he didn't even look at me. 

Oh well, it wasn't like you might be pregnant to the guy or anything... oh wait, you could be pregnant to him. My subconcious screamed at me that night. 

Blinking fast, I pulled myself out of my mewling. Jesus, I must have been sitting here for at least ten minutes.

Holding my breath, I turned the sticks over and my eyebrows furrowed together. Both of them had the same sign. 

Oh hell! I forgot what 'positive' and 'negative' was suppose to look like. 

Scanning the leaflet breifly, I matched the sign on the pregnancy tests up to the sign on the leaflet. 

Pregnant. 

Pregnant.

My hands started shaking as I disposed of the two kits into the small sanitary bin down near the toilet. My teeth worried at my bottom lip, but that wasn't enough. I left the bathroom and flopped down on to my bed, biting at my nails. 

My worst worrying habit.

I never concidered how my parents would react to me being pregnant. Never mind having Diego Mendez' baby! My father will be furious. My brother will look at me with a little grin on his face. My sister will kick up a massive drama for not being the center of attention, and my mother would weep into a hankercheif all dramatic while her sobs became louder and louder. 

... I wonder if my mother could still cry with the amount of botox she injected into her face, who knew? 

Oh no! They're going to kill me!

My other hand dropped to my stomach as I chewed at my right hand nails. Hmm, there was a baby in there.  A tiny little baby grew inside me right at this very moment. 

Would he/she look like me? 

If it were a boy I'd love it to be the image of Diego. I think it would please him. 

Maybe as a girl she'd take the best of our features and have her fathers attitude making it impossible for Diego to argue with her. 

Whatever happened, I didn't mind so long as this little jelly bean grew big and strong, ready to face the world as heathy as his/her father. 

Hmm... Jelly Bean. I liked that little nickname for him/her. Yes, I shall name you Jelly Bean and you shall be my Jelly Bean, I murmured to myself, sounding a lot like Dory from Finding Nemo.

In that moment, I knew to my very bone marrow that I loved this baby with all my heart and soul. Jelly Bean was just as much mine as he was his fathers. 

I adored my little Jelly Bean. 

For the first time in a very long time, I had nothing but love filling my heart and let the concequences be damned!