Chapter 7: Arc de Triomphe

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

   After my appearance on television, I arrive home exhausted. I feel a weight on my shoulders as I head straight for my room.

   Once again, my mother is there. "Oh, you're here. I don't care what you did last night, but I told you to be here earlier. Do not disobey me."

   I nod. "Apologies, Mother. Reporters caught me on my way here and—"

"Yes, I saw. I want you ready for ballet class within 5 minutes. You've a full night ahead of you."

   Not allowing me a single word, she leaves as Dalila walks in. I groan.

"Did you at least enjoy your night out?" I glare at her and she laughs. "I'm guessing that's a no."

   I sigh as I start putting on my pink tights and black leotard. "Could've been worse..."

   Dalila doesn't look up at me as she types away on her tablet. "The limo is ready to bring you to ballet class. Your instructor is big on Russian ballet, by the way. Not traditional."

   I sigh, putting my pointe shoes on and sliding my dance boots over them. "Well, it's good thing that the only ballet style I've practiced is Vaganova's. Thanks for the warning, though."

"Dance class is in thirteen minutes and it's a seven minute drive so if you want to keep your reputation of always being early, I'd hurry." I nod.

   I throw on my ballet wrap before heading to the limo with Dalila trailing behind me, as always.

   During the drive, curiosity gets the better of me. I look over at Dalila. "Question."

"Answer."

   A crooked smile curves at my lips. Her straight-to-the-point demeanor never fails. "Do I really have any important things to do after class?"

   Dalila taps on her tablet for a moment. "Piano key signature construction review is canceled thanks to your instructors flight being delayed and the meeting with your mother has been replaced by dinner with the Agreste's. You got lucky today, full schedules will be starting tomorrow." I sigh.

   Mother really just hopes the more full my schedule, the less I'll be home to remind her of my father.

   I take a deep breath and straighten my posture as we finally arrive at the academy.

"Find a way to keep my nights clear from now on. I want to spend some time being a normal teenage girl and meeting the people of Paris, please." I say as I get out of the car.

"I make no promises, but I'll see what I can do to debate this with your mother." I roll my eyes and close the car door.

   After a very long few hours of conditioning, my legs feel like they'll give out any moment.

   My driver is already outside waiting for me when class is finished. I'm supposed to go to the Agreste's, but I feel uneasy.

Kage pops her head out of the small pocket in my dance bag. "What's wrong?"

   My head starts to hurt as another memory flashes in my mind. 'What's wrong with you?! Your mother should just rid of you while she has the chance!'

   I take a deep breath, forcing the memory out of my mind before it can open old scars. "It's nothing, Kage. Let's go."

Adrien's P.O.V.

   I look in the mirror and see my eyes still bloodshot from all the alcohol I had yesterday.

   Nathalie walks into the room just as I'm contemplating whether this meeting is even worth it or not. "Your father's guests have arrived."