Prologue

Normal P.O.V.

Her hands shook as she slowly opened the door, expecting to be scolded again or worse— fired. To say little six year old (Y/n) was nervous was a huge understatement.

"Y-You asked to s-see me?" She asked. Her manager, mother, and modeling agency owners were all sitting in the very large meeting room, in large leather chairs as they wore serious expressions.

"Hello, Miss (L/n). You've caused us quite a bit of trouble these past few weeks." I kept my head down as my manager, Dalila, began listing off all the things that I've already done in only the first two weeks of being signed. "Running off during your photoshoot at the park—"

She quickly tried to protest. "There was a kitten stuck in the rose bush! I couldn't let it get hurt!"

Dalila gives me a look of empathy as my mother clears her throat. "And how do you explain dozing off in school so much they refuse to let you leave early for your business meetings?"

"T-That's because the lecture was on a subject I had studied when I was homeschooled! You know I can't learn the same thing more than once without losing interest in it!" She tried to explain herself again, her mother shaking her head in clear disapproval.

"Eating ice cream even though we specifically told you there'd be an important photoshoot the next day and we couldn't afford a bloated stomach?" The modeling agent stated more in a humorous sense rather than a scold.

"It was mint chocolate chip..?" (Y/n) said, realizing she had run out of excuses on that one.

My mother sighs. "(Y/n) (M/n), do you enjoy modeling as much as you say?" She asks with sincerity.

"Of course I do!" (Y/n) says without hesitation, though she knew deep inside of her heart that it wasn't the whole truth.

(Y/n) realizes she had raised her voice when everyone looks at her sternly. She clears her throat and corrects her volume immediately.

"It makes me happy, Mother." That much was true, modeling made her life ever-so-slightly less boring.

Dalila sighs, running a hand through her perfectly straight hair. "We've decided to keep you on the company and give you one last chance."

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" (Y/n) beams with excitement.

Dalila holds a hand up, making the little girl stop in her tracks. "Not so fast, it's under a few very strict conditions..."

"I'll do anything, anything at all!" The little mischief pleaded. "I promise."

Dalila begins to list off the requirements in a too-professional-for-comfort manner. "You'll be homeschooled again from now on. You will take language classes four days a week and learn the most popular of European languages, including Italian, French, Spanish, and more to prepare you for a full Continent modeling tour that will begin approximately eight years from now. Your strict schedule will forbid you from making silly mistakes with the company ever again." (Y/n) only nods, knowing there's no room for her opinion.

The little girl hesitantly stutters with tears in her (e/c) jewels, knowing very well today was her last day of freedom. "Mum?"

Her mother scoffs. "(Y/n) (M/n) (L/n), this is a business meeting. Mind your manners!"

Hot tears threatened to fall down the little girl's cheeks but she refused to let them fall, putting on a blank expression as she curtsied respectfully.

"My apologies. Permission to speak, Mother." She holds her head down as proof her 'mum' was indeed her superior at all times.

"Granted." She said flatly, showing no emotion nor empathy for her own daughter.