Chapter 5: Priests do not kill, they do not judge, they do not love.

MeepyM: This chapter is to clear up some stuff really. Not a filler because it does reveal something, but defintely explains what happens between the five years Katherine and William did not see each other. (On Katherine's part, William comes later) I have a small request, well two I suppose. 

One: I'd love to know who is reading this book. I know about 4 or 5 readers are because they always comment or vote. (Thank you) I'm just really curious because I have about 900 reads, but only know 5 readers and I'm a generally nosy person. A comment about this chapter, any other chapters or a vote maybe :) It's only pressing a button. Two: Enjoy!

Thank you for your time. Hope you enjoy chapter 5 and  chapter 6 will be up next Saturday. Now school is starting I have less time to write, but I can upload weekily. I promise Chapter 6 and 7 really kick off the story.

Ciao :D 

Meepy

Chapter 5 

Watching William from the window was simple enough. He sat by the window of the drinking establishment he was in, nursing a large glass of red wine. His eyes were downcast, blond hair touching his forehead and hanging down his face. His eyes were on the red glow from the drink, only achieved because of the sunshine streaming in from the window.

The shadow felt satisfaction from seeing the tense shoulders of his victim. William’s attitude away from his wife wasn’t carefree and relaxed. He had been in a foreign place for a while, his eyes never moving from the panelled spot he had been staring at for the past hour.

He didn’t notice there were a pair of grey eyes staring, unmoving from their goal. It had already failed once, and now the alternative was this. William needed to be studied before he could be attacked again, but this one would have to work and ruin him completely.s

The Rider had always been somewhere William called home. It was a small tavern which catered to the new middle class emerging. Those who could afford an expensive wine on occasion yet couldn’t afford to rub elbows with the Gentry of England. It had been there throughout his younger years, allowing to him to get drunk and forget his problems.

William preferred it, especially because of the former reason. It was also a simple place, and was maintained well by its owner. William had been good friends with Adam Sully since his childhood, and more so because he gave out free drinks to close friends.

Right now Sully was pressing his lips to his wife’s, in front of his customers. Her hand rubbed her swollen belly, and William had turned away as soon as they had begun. He felt good for his friend, but the fact he had no child to call his own, saddened him a little.

At thirty, he was nearing an age which made it hard for him to conceive a child. He felt as if he was going to disappoint Katherine, his lovely fertile bride of twenty four. She only had a child from a rape, and he was supposed to be the man who provided her with one. He didn’t want to find out she was barren later, or that he disappointed her and then has to turn to other men for a child.

“Aren’t you supposed to be with your wife Mr Blake?” William looked up, meeting the amused eyes of John Serling. “Or at least working to provide her with a home,”

“Aren’t you supposed to be in Oxford Mr Serling?” William retorted.

“Yes yes,” He waved dismissively, turning to a serving girl who asked him what he wanted. Once he had ordered, he sat down beside William. “I’m leaving today, there was a rabid father who demanded his daughter be married before I leave. The young girl and her suitor had gotten too intimate, and he feared she was with child. It was pathetic really, the young lad looked as if he was about to piss himself when he said his vows earlier. I came for a drink to forget the whole stupid affair.”