Bedtime Story

Third Person (1925)

"Tell me a story, please Uncle Terence" Iris begs as he tucks her in. Tonight he's looking after her while her older sister works late at the museum. Her brother off at a local tavern getting drunk as usual.

"What story?" he asks her.

"What about that one about the cursed Priest? I fell asleep the last time you told me the story after he stole Anck-su-namun from her crept" she states.

"Are you sure? I do not wish to give you a nightmare" he states.

"I'm sure" she states snuggling into her pillow hugging her stuff camel.

"Very well" he says smiling. "Thebes. City of the Living. Crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First. Home of Imhotep, High Priest of Osiris, Keeper of the Dead. Birthplace of Anck-su-namun and her sister Tzipporah. Pharaoh's Mistress and he's adopted daughter. No other man was allowed to touch Anck-su-namun. But for their love, Imhotep and Anck-su-namin were willing to risk life itself" he explains.

"That's so romantic" Iris says smiling.

"Do you want me to continue the story?" he asks and she nods her head. "Then please do not interrupt again" he tells her. She pretends to zip and lock her lips. "The Pharaoh went to see Anck-su-namun one night to discover someone had touched her. When he turned around he saw his trusted Priest Imhotep. Then Anck-su-namun called him by stabbing in the back. Imhotep's priests took him away as she killed herself.

For murdering Pharaoh, Anck-su-namun's body was to be cursed. Tzipporah was striped of her princess status and became a hand maiden to her former adoptive sister Princess Nefetiri. And it was Imhotep the High Priest, whose duty it was to curse it. Her body was mummified, her vital organs removed and placed in sacred canopic jars. He then read from the golden book of the living. It contained sacred incantations that would send the evil dead on a journey into the dark underworld.

To resurrect Anck-su-namun... Imhotep and his priests broke into her crypt and stole her body. They raced deep into the desert taking Anck-su-namun's corpse to Hamunaptra, City of the Dead. For his love, Imhotep dared the gods' anger by going deep into the city. Where he stole the book of the dead from it secret compartment.

He managed to bring back his lover's soul from the underworld. But before he could complete the ritual. The Pharaoh's bodyguards stopped him. Imhotep's priests were condemned to be mummified alive. While he was sentence to endure the Hom-dai. The worse of all Egyptian curses. Meanwhile Tzipporah was adapting to her new role well. Princess Nefetiri still saw her as her little sister and protected her the best she could as her master.

The Medjai would never allow him to be released...for he would arise a walking disease, a plague upon mankind... an unholy flesh eater with the strength of ages... power over the sands... and the glory of invincibility. For 3,000 years, men and armies fought over this land... never knowing what evil lay beneath it. And for 3,000 years... we, the Medjai, the descendants of Pharaoh's sacred bodyguards, kept watch."

Terence looks back at Iris and sees her sound asleep. He chuckles shaking his head. She could never stay awake for the whole story. He pulled the cover up higher to keep her warm. Before going to leave.

"Thank you Doctor Bey" Evie says as she walks into her house.

"It is fine, but I need you to sort out the library tomorrow. I shall collect her from school" he tells her.

"Of course, and thanks for all the help. Jonathan would of taken her to the pub and that is no place for a child. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow at work" she states and he leaves. She checks on Iris and kisses her forehead gently. Before going to get ready for bed herself.

Meanwhile at the local pub Jonathan Carnahan was pick pocketing a drunk. He got an octagon shaped box. He pocketed it and left the pub going to the museum. Thinking he can scare her first, before showing her the box.

A/N

Picture above of Iris Rashida Carnahan and picture on the external link of Doctor Terence Bey.