The First Song: The Game Is On

Harumi Fujioka's POV

I spent the night with my father and my sister, reminiscing on old memories and talking about my adventures in Tokyo. It was nice spending time with them as I hadn't seen them in almost two years, and it was definitely a welcomed change in pace considering that I was always on the go in the city. I awoke almost at eleven in the morning to my phone buzzing next to my phone, and I let out a loud groan of disapproval. I reached out from under my cozy cave of my futon, grabbing my phone and immediately answering," This better be good..." There was the chuckle of an older man on the other line," Sounds like someone partied too hard." Atsutomo Nagamori... The drummer of my old band and a man well on his way to becoming a successful lawyer. He's the oldest of the group that took care of me, and he's definitely the most responsible. He helped me get everything in order to come home now that the band has been broken up for awhile and the media's died down. Our band wasn't in it for the money or fame, but rather the music, so not a lot of companies wanted to sign us on but we were happy staying in Tokyo and doing shows our way. But reporters that followed us were definitely in for a ride when our band started to show signs of breaking, and were quick to come up with theories as to why we split up. Atsutomo's really good at keeping paparazzi at bay and hiding the ugly facts, so he's been our spokesperson for this whole ordeal. If it wasn't for him, I doubt my trip home would've been a quiet one.

I moaned, snuggling into my pillow and forcing my voice to become muffled," I didn't party Atsu-san... I talked a lot with my dad and Onee-chan. My throat feels like it's on fire." Atsutomo Nagamori chuckled at my plight," A glass of milk will help with that. I wanted to make sure that you got home safely; the other two threatened to break into my office if I didn't hear from you." I snickered at the idea," Would've been funny to hear about though." 

"I had the movers already put your stuff into your new place. You remember the address?"

"I think it's on my phone somewhere... I feel real bad about this, though."

"It's fine." He reassured me," It's the least I can do, and you said it yourself: you don't want to make your family's home cramped." I sighed, finally letting my head poke out from under the covers to speak more clearly," Thanks again..." There was a moment of comfortable silence before he asked," What are you plans today?" I sat up, scratching the top of my head and releasing a yawn," Going to my sister's school to make friends or something like that; she's actually going to your alma mater." Atsutomo's tone showed he was surprised," Ouran? She must be brilliant to get in without the financial backing." I was proud of my sister's accomplishments, and wasn't afraid to brag about her," She's a genius; they'd be stupid if they didn't accept her. Stupid rich people have it so easy." He laughed lightly at my words, and I couldn't help but giggle with him. "How are things?" I asked, crossing my legs and grasping my ankle with my free hand; my usual way of sitting. "Smooth." He replied," I've taken care of most of the media, though they continue to bug the others for answers. Most of them are wondering where you've gone." I bit on my lower lip in concern," Are you guys okay? I know they can get rough..." 

"Don't worry about us. You just focus on making friends."

"Easier said than done, Atsu-san."

"You made friends with us."

"And look where that got me."

It was around three in the afternoon when I found myself at Ouran Academy's front gate. The damn school looked more like a cathedral, surrounded by cherry blossoms and lush gardens. I could see students wandering in and out of the campus, often stopping to stare and point at me as I followed the instructions my sister had sent me. I held back some gags at the sight of the ridiculous and revolting yellow dresses that were the female uniforms of the school, thanking whoever watched over my sister that she had tricked everyone into think she was a boy. I didn't care for the whispers of criticism towards my attire for the day; like hell I would dress like them in my free time. Besides, they should be thankful that I toned down my usual style for the day; just a large burgundy hoodie and a dark green summer dress with ripped black stockings. I didn't leave without my white and dark green headphones, or my usual combat boots; as if I would tone it down that much. Black Stone's 'Rose' played loudly over my headphones, blocking out all sound as I made my way to the abandoned third music room. I must've been lucky since I didn't get lost, but I'm fairly certain I felt that my lucky streak was about to end.