Two

2.Unexpected Turn
Hazel Michelson

——————————————

"Great, Paige got the lead again" Ava was once again stomped by the school's drama queen Paige Hamilton, in all honesty her acting was mediocre but when your family is among the elites of the town you'll always get to be on top. I could tell she wanted to rip the freshly printed list off the wall.

"Mr. Davis is such a pain in the ass, he knows I deserved that part!" She exclaimed, I quickly pulled her away before she created a whole scene.

"What's grandma complaining about this time?" Scar finally caught up with us as we strolled through the halls of Lockwynne high.

The school hallway must have been designed by a manic depressive, either that or someone obsessed by grey. The teachers had done their bit, hanging posters in primary colours, yet the overall impression was of drabness. I longed to paint the doors in cheerful colors, the school relating poster were trying but not hard enough, or better yet blow off the roof and replace it with a glass dome. That way more light would give this place more life.

The halls were crowded with people, and the chaos was so perfect, like a movie. There was the couple that was always making out on the left side of the hall, and about ten feet farther down, the cliquey girls. Opposite them, the cliquey jocks, and between them, the parade of band geeks with their huge instrument cases. There were the aerospace tech kids who never did anything but make paper airplanes and the fashion kids that wheeled mannequins and clothing racks down the halls. And then there was my friends and I, a mixture of all those groups in one clique.

"Scar, this was my last chance to get the lead do you know how awful it looks? The president of the drama club hasn't secure the lead role throughout her reign" I finally zoned back into Ava's complaining.

"Well anyways on to less annoying things, El you so missed out on last night! You should've seen this one drinking so much that when she laughed the beer came through her nose" Scarlet laughed as he nudged Ava who seemed embarrassed.

"There will always be more parties that I can attend" I squinted my eyes to adjust to the bright sun that greeted us on the outside.

"Yo Hazel!" I looked in the direction my name was being yelled to see Adam and Cole gesturing at us.

"Since you want to rat me out, why don't we talk about your hook up with Cole, Scar?"

I stopped immediately in my track.

"You hooked up with Cole!" That's the last thing I would've expected.

"Great now you started her up, you know she likes Cole why would you tell her such a blatant lie" She spoke nonchalantly yet with a hint of sarcasm.

"Woah, I do not like Cole like that it's just that– that's weird you both are polar opposites" I pointed out.

"Well you know opposites attract" Ava laughed.

"Ok. Stop it!" Scar quickly spoke up, "It was just a little drunk kiss that meant nothing to me. It won't happen again I'm sure of it"

Our little conversation ended once we were in hearing distance from the guys. Cole was already changed off for lacrosse training while Adam was in his basketball shorts so I'm guessing they both had training.