Honestly, Seokjin found it amusing how his mother made the story sounded so real when all of it was just a bluff for him when he acted impolitely or naughty. She never told anyone about this story too, she said to him one night so Seokjin also kept this story to himself.

Oh but, he told Taehyung about this story and the brown-haired boy replied, 'I bet the stranger looked so handsome.'

Seokjin scoffed, 'of course not as handsome as me,' he joked. The farmer boy blinked, his eyes turned soft after several second and the prince cursed inside his mind because his friend looked so cute.

The farmer boy giggled, he gazed to the night sky, to the beautiful starry night, 'you're right, you're far way more beautiful, ' he said with a low voice, almost like an adult but not really , 'you're ethereal, Seokjin-ah.'

Then, Seokjin smacked Taehyung's head for dropping the honorific, ' Ya! Call me hyung!' his face blushed but the prince looked away to hide it.

Their friendship developed slowly but surely, from a friend into a best friend and reaching its peak when the King told Seokjin about his engagement.

Seokjin was eighteen while Taehyung was fifteen, the young prince escaped from his study room. He jumped from his study room's window to the nearest tree, almost killing himself when he did it but he didn't care. Dying was better than being locked up inside his own room, forced to marry someone he never sees before in the name of ' political sacrifice' , his stepmother mentioned before.

He ran without thinking, he used the usual secret passage and searched for his sunshine. His best friend who always listen to him, his angel, his love, his Taehyung.

The younger boy was in the middle of cleaning the storage house near the farm his family owned, he never thought his prince would run to him and hugged him while crying.

"W-What happened? Why you're crying?" for a moment Seokjin thought the younger boy was ready to kill someone when he asked him but the prince's mind was too messy to care, all he needed was a place to complain.

Deep inside, Seokjin always knew this time would come but he would never be ready to accept it immediately. He cried against Taehyung's chest, cursing his life, weeping and wailing.

The farmer boy didn't say anything, he just listened and kissed Seokjin's puffy eyes gently when the prince stopped crying for a while.

"It's not fair," Seokjin sobbed, wiping his tears harshly and made his cheek reddened.

Taehyung stopped him and wiped the tears for him, "life is never fair, hyung," he replied. Seokjin huffed and mumbled, 'you're not helping.'

Seokjin held Taehyung's hand, leaned against it like it was his lifeline, "it's really not fair," he whispered, Taehyung tilted his head to look at Seokjin's face more clearly.

"You can grow love, you know," Taehyung mumbled, he wanted to tell Seokjin but at the same time, he didn't want to, because in fact; he didn't want Seokjin to marry another person either.

Seokjin snapped his head up, eyes furious when he met Taehyung's black eyes, "bullshit!" he shouted, tears streamed down his cheeks again, he covered his face, "how can I love someone else when I already in love with you! " he blurted out of nowhere.

Taehyung's jaw dropped, he glanced at Seokjin dumbfounded and the prince never felt so anxious in his entire life like this, "what?" the farmer boy said.

Seokjin cried harder, he was so sure Taehyung would hate him after this or maybe worse, stop being his friend again. He stood up abruptly and so ready to run back to the castle and accept his destiny, but a hand caught his wrist and pulled him into a warm hug.