6

Marinette

I curse at Alya as she curved hard.
It was the next morning and I had woken up late.
Alya was the one to wake me up.

As I was getting ready though, I didn't sense Adrien at all.
...And to tell the truth, we had both fallen asleep on the couch...

I had woken up though to him putting me back in my bed and went back to sleep.

I sigh and grunt as Alya parked roughly.

"She is not gonna be happy," Alya then began to finish applying her mascara as I rolled my eyes.

"You're welcome, have a nice day."
I say as I give the woman her receipt.

She leaves as I find Alya unpacking more clothes and hanging them on the rack.
I go and help, seeing nobody is ready to pay yet.

As soon as I head to Alya, a man walked in.

He looked around as if he was looking for something specific.
He did look kinda familiar though...
He had red hair and blue eyes.

He was actually beautiful...
When his eyes met mine, I flinch but smile and decided to ask if he needed help.

"Yea, I'm looking for someone named Marinette Dupain-Cheng? Does she work here?"

I choke and say, "o-oh! Well, I'm right here! How may I help you?"
I give off a grin and he chuckled.

"Oh...well...It's me, Marinette. Do you...remember?"
My smile fades and I start to think, do I remember..?

I start to shake my head and reply, "...n-no, I'm sorry...how do- oo-ooh my gosh! Nathaniel!"
My brain cells finally work and I jump in shock, slapping his shoulder as I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him.

He starts to laugh and hugged me back.
"Now you do."
"Ah, I remember! I'm so sorry. It's just, gosh, you did look familiar but it didn't register in my mind...How are you? God, it's been so long!"

He chuckled again and we start to have a mini conversation till I see someone at the cashier waiting.

I tell Nathaniel I have to get back to work and he said, "no problem. Hey, um, are you probably free this weekend? Well Saturday, I mean. Maybe we can hang out...at an art museum like the old days?"

Is he asking me...on a date?

I hesitate but then start to think about if I really am free on Saturday.
I tell him I'm not sure if I am but I asked if we could exchange numbers to let him know if I was.

"Good, I'll see you then, maybe."
"Yeah, bye!"
He hugged me and left.

I shook my head with a smile and went back to work.

When I get home, it seemed like Adrien hadn't came back.

I only head to get comfortable...not trying to worry too much about it and make dinner.
I guess time went by fast as I finished cooking and finished my dinner alone...