xxii // interlude

Waking up the following day, Hannah cannot recall many moments from the night before. A night of dancing, singing and a touch of tears had been blurred into a mess within Hannah's mind. She groans while rising from her bed, rubbing her head and attempting to hide from the sun piercing her eyes through the thin curtains. Hannah groans again and tries to go back to bed, but Laura has different plans.

She grabs Hannah by the wrist and drags her out of bed. Hannah has no choice but to follow, her having no energy to stop her Pokémon. Laura drags her to the bathroom and sets Hannah down on the toilet. She was about to fall asleep again if it weren't for the glass of cold water thrown onto her face.

Hannah instantly awakens and screams at the top of her lungs from the sudden jolt waking her up. Weavile, Meowstic, Greninja and Charizard groggily awaken, just like their trainer. Hannah begins to scold Laura, "Laura! What in Arceus' name was that suppose to be?!"

Laura looks at Hannah with a blank look and holds up the communal calendar her and her Pokémon use. She squints her eyes to see what is written for today and her eyes instantly widen and she screams and runs out of the bathroom, "Oh no! Everyone get in your Pokéballs, we were supposed to meet the professor fifteen minutes ago to see him again!"

Everyone is now frantically running around, except for Laura. She is standing at the door and looking at her trainer and friends with an unimpressed look on her face. Soon, Hannah is ready and recalls everyone to their Pokéballs one by one. She leaves Laura for last, and thanks Laura with a hug which she accepts. When Hannah is the only one left in the room, she grabs her essentials and runs out of her room. When sprinting out of the door, she frightens two of the maids who work there. In such haste, Hannah does a quick bow for forgiveness and sprints off to the elevator, it instantly letting her in.

The two maids look at each other, first with confusion, then with a devious look. The begin to laugh horribly, which makes a certain Pokémon emerge from the laundry basket they were pushing, "What on earth made you to dorks laugh so hard?"

The two turn to the Meowth and smile. The pink haired girl and purple haired man both giggled to one another, and the purple-haired man began to speak, "Isn't it obvious, Meowth? Do you have any idea who just ran to?"

"Absolutely none." The Pokémon states and the pink haired girl continued with the purple haired boy's thought, "The twerp's little crush."

Meowth now gets it, and giggles along with the two of them. Then, Jessie exclaims, "Team Rocket is here to clean the twerpette's room!"

"And send her to her doom!" James yells.

"Let's use the vacuum!" Meowth screams while jumping out of the laundry basket. The three scurry for the room Hannah just left and place a 'Do Not Disturb' sign upon the handle, shutting the door hastily.

Hannah runs for the entrance of the main building, needing to meet the professor there who had someone for her. He was about to leave the entrance and go inside, afraid that Hannah had already gone in, but relief washed over his face when he sees Hannah running from a distance. When Hannah reaches him, she is a panting mess, hands on her knees and heavy breaths.

"Hannah, what happened to you?" the professor asks, this making Hannah turn her head up to see the professor's face. The professor gets a better look at Hannah's face, and begins to worry even more, "are you okay?! What happened to you?!"

"I just overslept, not a big deal." Hannah answers, and begins to fix her hair while saying, "Do you have him with you?"

"Of course I do, not like you; I was actually on time and ready."

"Shut up." Hannah says, her hair finally fixed and face not flushed anymore, "May I finally see him again?"

"Of course you can," the professor says, and grabs a Pokéball out of his pocket and summons the Pokémon inside, "And thanks for letting us borrow him, his Horn Leech was very helpful for the experiments that Sophie did, I hear."