xvii // run

Hannah and the professor are in the infirmary; both parties are in a comfortable silence, neither of them wanting to speak while the doctor was treating the cut on her right cheek.

But they had to, Hannah muttering quick responses to the doctor's short questions, 'does this hurt?', 'are you allergic to rubbing alcohol?', 'I'm just going to bandage you up, okay?'. The professor also had to tell the doctor what had happened, explaining to her the knife fight to her, since she was assisting another person at the time and couldn't catch the battle live.

When Hannah is given the all clear, the doctor leaves the room and leaves Hannah and the professor to themselves. It's silent for a few minutes; the professor is looking towards Hannah who just looks down, her facial expressions hidden from him.

"Hannah?" The first word was spoken between the two of them since they left the arena. Hannah doesn't look up at first, instead opting to continue to gaze at the ground.

"Hannah." the professor exclaims louder and firmer this time, making sure Hannah knows he wants to help and needs her to look up. So she does. Slowly, Hannah lifts her face up to reveal her face.

Red-eyes and puffy cheeks, Hannah had been silently crying ever since the doctor left. The professor could tell Hannah wanted to cry when he was here, so it was a given she would break when she did finally leave.

"I could've... died..." Hannah mumbles to no one in particular, "A psychopath wielding a knife is so dangerous... I could be gone right now..." Hannah looks down at the ground, the professor silent once again, him still sitting in front of her.

"But... then again..." Hannah then raises her head to show her teary-eyed face smiling a sad and sickly sweet smile at the professor, "who would miss me anyway?"

"Hannah, don't say that." Professor Sycamore is instantly in front of her, kneeling in front of her and wiping the tears away from the sitting, slouching girl, "You know for a fact multiple people would miss you."

"Oh yeah, I don't think so." Hannah challenges the professor.

"So many people care about you, Hannah. You just haven't... realised it yet." 'But you will, one day.'

Hannah was going to continue on, but the sound of the television caught the attention of both of them. The T.V presenter in the Kalos Television Program (KTP) was sitting very formally, beginning her story, with the headline at the bottom of the screen reading, 'BREAKING NEWS: A villain is captured and a hero emerges'.

"Good afternoon and welcome to the Thursday afternoon coverage of the news. We have a breaking story here in the Kalos League. Through all the excitement of the league, it seems there was a trainer breaking the trainer's conduct. 17-year-old Georgia Carroll was convicted of breaking the trainer's code of conduct this afternoon and was participating in the league illegally. Claire Dewhurst is now reporting." The screen flips from one reporter to another, this time the reporter is in the arena, instead of being in a studio.

"Thank you, Caitlin. Several videos have been sent into the studio regarding the terrible battle that occurred this afternoon; with both Pokémon and humans. The 17-year-old was battling the favourite to win the league, Hannah Abernathy when she was exposed as a Pokémon abuser." The screen flips to show a shot of the fight between the two girls, where Hannah catches Georgia's wrist and begins to fight her, but it cuts out the bit where she gets slashed in the cheek.

"The 15-year-old stopped the crazy trainer from injuring her already severely damaged Audino bearing a Swiss army knife, but in the process gets injured. Hannah sustains a cut on her left cheek spanning from her mouth to her ear and is confirmed to be in the infirmary right now with Professor Sycamore by her side. Hannah advances into the top 8 by default, and Georgia is suspended from obtaining a trainers licence and will most likely be in jail, Caitlin."