♡ ☆ Asra & Muriel (Part One) ☆ ♡

fluff
gender neutral

Muriel was jealous.

He tried to hide it, showing no emotion as he watched you and Asra hold hands as the three of you walked through the forest together. He couldn't help but long for a relationship like that with somebody. Scratch that- He didn't want a relationship with just anybody. He wanted one with you.

Muriel couldn't deny he found Asra attractive as well. Who in their right mind wouldn't? But you were the apple of his eye. The way you walked, talked, and did anything really. You were mesmerizing. As much as he could dream, you didn't belong to Muriel. You belonged to Asra.

"Muriel?"

The gentle giant was shaken from his thoughts by your silky voice gracing his ears. He looked up from staring at the dirt below his feet to look you in the eye. You looked concerned.

"Hm," was all the reply he could muster.

"Is everything okay? You seem to be much quieter than usual lately, if that's even possible," you joked slightly.

Muriel became silent for a second. He was trying to find the best way to respond without raising any concern from either you or Asra. He settled on a light nod of his head, leading you to let out a deep sigh.

"If you say so," you replied.

~

You couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong with Muriel, so you had slipped out of the shop and journeyed to Muriel's hut alone that evening. The sun had started to set and the forest was becoming dark. You weren't scared in the least, having followed these trails hundreds of times. You could walk them with your eyes closed if you so desired.

Upon reaching the hut you let out a sigh of relief. You were so worried about Muriel at this point that the trip there had felt like a trip to the other side of the world. You approached the door and lightly tapped it with your clenched fist, hoping it would be enough to catch Muriel's attention.

Sure enough the door opened a crack not a second later. Muriel peered out into the darkness, eyes lighting up at the sight of the person he had feelings for. He opened the door enough for you to slip inside.

You did so, lowering your hood as you entered the warm hut. The fire crackled welcomingly, and you smile at the sight of Inanna curled up beside it. She lazily lifted her head to glance at you before placing it back down on the fur she was resting upon.

"Muriel... I'm here about earlier," you spoke, wasting no time in getting to the point of the visit.

Muriel didn't reply. He only avoided your gaze. You took that as a sign and reached out your hand to caress his arm.

"Muriel. I'm here to help you. Whatever it is, let me know. I won't judge you," you said in a calm, reassuring tone.

When still no reply came, you laced your fingers between Muriel's much larger ones and squeezed his hand gently.

"I care about you so much. Please let me know what's bothering you. I-"

You were cut off by Muriel making a sound similar to a whimper. You stared into his glittering green eyes and noticed they were started to water. Your immediate reaction was to wrap the man in a hug, your arms squeezing his sides comfortingly. Muriel sniffled quietly and embraced you back.

After a few moments of you rubbing his back and him crying with his face buried in your lap, Muriel decided it was time for him to speak up.

"{name}, I..."

You ran your fingers through his raven locks as if to urge him on.

"I think I'm in love with you," he admitted after a brief second of silence.

You didn't know whether to feign surprise or not. Truth be told, you had noticed how he seemed upset whenever you and Asra did romantic things in front of him. You didn't know it would go this far but honestly, you didn't mind. You honestly had felt the same way about him for a long time. You loved Asra with all your heart but... You loved this man as well.

"I think I'm in love with you, too."

Muriel slowly lifted his head from your lap to lock his eyes with yours.

"You...?"

Before he could finish his thought you placed your hands on his cheeks and pulled his face to yours. Your lips connected and you felt something you could only describe as pure bliss. The kiss deepened as Muriel began to kiss back. You parted for air for only a moment before pressing your lips together once again.

Muriel disconnected his lips from yours with a smile gracing his lips.

"I love you, {name}."

"I love you too, Muriel."

a/n - part two will be smut~