Chapter 6: Man On The Moon

Start from the beginning

He's evil

She's good

It just wouldn't work.

Her phone started to ring, making her jump and wince since it was already near her ear.  She saw it was Diego and answered it.

"Yeah?"  She asked as Iyla sat up straighter and watched her.

"Oh. Ok.  I'll be right there."  She stood up and turned to Iyla.

"I have to go."  She told him.

"I'll see you around."  His monotone voice sounded throughout her ears and she nodded, quickly making her way to Diego.

~~~

"Well We can't go back to the house it's not secure there. Those psychopaths could come back any minute."  Luther spoke as he was carrying a drunk Five and Dolores in his lap.

Esme was walking in front of them beside Diego as she listened.

"My place is closer. No one would look there." Diego told them as Five let out a burp.

"If you vomit on me..."

"You know what's funny? Ahhh. Going through puberty. Twice now! And uh. I drank that whole bottle now didn't I?" He asked Luther as Diego and Esme looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

"That's what you do. When the world you love goes bye-bye. Poof. It's gone." He looked towards Diego and Esme.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"Two masked intruders attacked the academy last night. Esme got shot in the process." Luther explained and Five looked to her.

"I'm fine." She reassured him.

"They came looking for you. So I need you to focus." Diego started to have a tone with him.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha." Diego turned to him a bit.

"I hate code names."

"Why Cha-Cha? Does that person like the cha cha slide?" Esme smiled a bit.

"Esme Not now." Diego told her and her smile fell.

"Sorry." She mumbled a bit as Diego turned around to Five and Luther while Esme continued to walk not realizing they stopped.

"Esme." Luther called out to her as she stopped and waited.

"Sorry. Got distracted by my own thoughts." She told him truthfully as they walked to Diego's place.

Five was passed out and Luther laid him down on Diego's bed.

Esme ran her hands through his hair gently as she smiled down at him.

"I remember all those times when I would sneak into his room to see if he came back, but always found an empty bed. Now when I see him I don't believe he's really back till I make contact with him." She told the two brothers.

"We have two different feelings then." Diego admitted.

"If He wasn't such a prick I would think he's adorable when he sleeps."

Esme gave him a look and punched his arm lightly.

"Don't worry. Soon when he sobers up he'll be back to his usual self." Luther admitted.

"What do you think he met by the-" Luther got cut off by the sound of someone behind the door.

Diego quickly took his knife out as Esme stood up.

Diego walked up the stairs quietly and opened up the door quickly.

"If you throw another one of those goddamn knives at me I'm pressing charges!" An older voice yelled as Diego rolled his eyes.

"What do you want Al?" He asked as an older man walked in.

"Some lady called. Saying she needed your help.

"What lady?" Diego questioned.

"I don't know. Some detective. I think she said her name was Blotch or something."

"Patch? She needs my help." Diego quickly made his way back to Al.

"She needs your help at this hotel." He handed him a piece of paper.

"When?"

"Uh. A half an hour ago. She said she found your brother." Al made his way out and the three siblings looked at each other.

"Klaus."

Diego quickly made his way out as Esme took a seat.

"Esme." She turned her head and saw Iyla was standing a few feet away from her.

"Uh. I'll be outside. I need to.." she didn't know how to explain it to Luther.

"Wait. Where are you going?" He raised an eyebrow and she made her way to the door.

"I'll just be out here. Bye." She smiled widely and exited, closing the door.

"What?" She asked Iyla as she leaned against the wall.

"There's something you need to know."

"What?"

"The apocalypse is coming." He started.

"Yeah. I know. Time traveling brother." She shrugged as he shook his head.

"You're going to die." He looked at her.

"Yeah If Five doesn't stop it. Iyla I know-"

"He didn't tell you everything!" He yelled a bit.

"What do you mean?" She questioned.

"When your brother saw the academy destroyed and the bodies of your siblings. The thing is you weren't there." He explained, going back to his usual tone.

She looked at him a bit confused as he looked down than back at her.

"You die before the apocalypse even happens."