20

WE'RE AT THIRTY PARTS LONG!! OH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Daiki Kobayashi snuck into room 203. He looked closely at the patient and nodded, continuing in farther. He checked to see if the patient was awake. Upon seeing that he was awake, Daiki smirked and crawled up to the bed.

"Shooouuuutoooooo," he whispered, earning an annoyed look from Todoroki.

"It's you." Todoroki said bitterly with with a glare. He still wasn't over the time in the field. He was so close, yet Daiki just had to ruin it.

"Look, if you're mad that I stopped you from kissing your girlfriend, I'm sorry. I have a hard time staying quiet." Daiki gave Todoroki a look of genuine regret.

"I can tell," Todoroki muttered through his teeth.

"But what I came here to tell you is that your gf is fine and has even recovered her attitude!" Daiki threw his hands in the air and started dancing around the room. Todoroki tilted his head.

"Gf?" Todoroki was puzzled.

"Man, is there a boomer living inside that body? You need to learn to talk like a kid! You sound, like, super old! Gf is short for girlfriend!"

"Did you really come all that way to tell me that? And she's not my girlfriend."

"Man, I thought you'd care more about the wellbeing of your girlfriend!"

"I knew she'd be fine. (Y/n) is a strong girl. And I'm just tired of dealing with you." In reality, Todoroki was extremely relieved to hear that (Y/n) was safe. Though he was sure she'd be fine, he couldn't help but fear for the worst. Daiki gave Todoroki a smirk as if he knew that he wasn't telling the full truth, but he said nothing.

"Well, seeing as there's nothing more to tell you, I think I'll take my leave. I wouldn't want to bother you any more." Daiki smiled weakly. Though he had only known Daiki for a few days, Todoroki could tell that something was off.

"What's wrong?" Todoroki gave Daiki a suspicious look. "Your emotions are practically labelled on your face," he added, rolling his eyes, when Daiki gave him a look of shock and forced a laugh.

"Really?! Ha ha...You must be imagining it." Todoroki gave him a look of annoyance.

"You're an awful liar."

"I told you I'm fine!" Daiki snapped. Todoroki was speechless. Daiki had never had an outburst like that. Sure, they'd only known each other for a few days, but it was just so out of character for him. Knowing that Daiki wasn't going to be honest with him, Todoroki stayed quiet and let him leave. But he wasn't about to just forget about what happened. When Daiki was far from the room, Todoroki reached for his bag, which had somehow gotten into the room. He figured Daiki must've dropped it off while visiting (Y/n). He dug through it for a bit and almost gave up before finally finding the object of his desires: his phone. Hoping that (Y/n) had her phone, he started typing out a message.

To: My Love

Have you noticed that Daiki's been acting a bit...off lately?

To his surprise, (Y/n) responded almost immediately. It was odd, as the response time was far too short. It couldn't be possible to type that fast.

From: My Love

Huh? What do you mean? He's just as cool and wierd as always!! d(^_^o)

Todoroki was confused. This didn't sound like (Y/n) at all. From the spelling error that Todoroki was sure (Y/n) would never allow to happen to the emoticon at the end, there was no way this could be (Y/n). Considering the short response time and the tone, Todoroki had an idea of what was going on. He scowled and put his phone away.

"Something is definitely up with Daiki."

In a nearby room, a girl noticed her phone nearby. When did that get there? She checked to see if she'd missed anything and tilted her head when she noticed a conversation that was left open.

"I don't remember sending that."

Sorry it took so long! I've been kind of busy and I've been having low motivation lately. It'll probably take this long in the future too. I've just been really lazy lately. Sorry! And sorry that the chapter is so short! I don't like making short chapters, but because of my creativity level I've been tending to make short chapters.