17

As I walked home, I received a text message from Todoroki.

From: Todoroki
"(Y/N) HELP I NEED BACKUP"

I narrowed my eyes. Todoroki didn't usually talk like this. Even if there were, in fact, villains or trouble present, Todoroki would still be formal and polite. And he would never use that sort of grammar. Red flag number one.

To: Todoroki
"Is that so?"

Though I knew it was rude, I knew Todoroki would understand when I explained. That is if it was actually him.

From: Todoroki
"Yeah! (C/n) is here and I'm hiding from her in your closet"

My eyes widened. Todoroki didn't know what (C/n) looked like and I'd never told him her name. Also, he didn't know where my house was. I'd never told him and he'd never walked home with me. I let out a gasp of horror and started to sprint home. Though I didn't have the stamina to sprint the entire way from school to my house, I couldn't afford to waste time by running slowly. Todoroki was in danger. And it was (C/n). I was sure of it. On the way, I called Daiki and Bakugou, informing them of the situation. Luckily, Daiki had been at the grocery, so it wasn't too far from home. I had him freeze time so that I could pick up Bakugou and bring him to my house.

After following Bakugou's instructions that he'd given before I had Daiki freeze time, I attempted to open the door, hoping he'd unlocked it with the knowledge I'd be coming. It was locked. I clicked my tongue and focused on creating a simple brass key by filling the keyhole with liquid brass and letting it harden to fill the shape and become a makeshift key. I twisted it and ran into the house. I found Bakugou in the hallway, where he looked like he was about to run out of the door. I grabbed his hand.

"You left your door locked. But whatever. Come with me." I dragged him out the door and dashed towards my house. I hoped that we weren't taking too long, as Daiki could only keep time frozen for so long before he collapsed.

"Why do you just assume that I'm willing to help you?!" Bakugou snapped. I rolled my eyes.

"Well you didn't exactly put up a fight when I told you about it and you seemed ready to walk out the door earlier," I teased. He turned slightly pink.

"I was just going out to get some stuff when you called and bothered me!" he protested.

"Sure," I said sarcastically while continuing to run. Bakugou scoffed and tried to hide his face.

----------

Before long, we arrived at my house. I threw open the door and bolted for my room, still grasping Bakugou's hand. Sure enough, Todoroki was being held in my closet with (C/n). Not a single part of him wasn't trapped by shackles which were all attached to (C/n)'s toolbelt. I almost wailed from seeing Todoroki in such a state.

I rapidly started producing a large amount of hydrocloric acid to dissolve the chains. Bakugou watched in fascination, which he tried to hide once he noticed that I had seen his fascination. I prayed that the chains would dissolve quick enough to allow us to get out before time resumed.

I saw (C/n) slowly move a slight bit. Oh no. I looked at the chains. They were almost dissolved, but not yet. By the time they fully dissolved, time had returned to its original flow. (C/n) was grinning wickedly as Todoroki stared at me in horror. Without even thinking, I called out for help.

"DAIKI!!"