What Will They Do?

Lillian and Justin had been at Patty's orphanage for about 3 days now. Let's just say it wasn't great, if any kid made one wrong move they got paddled or worse. 
    Anyways on this particular day things looked dim for poor Lillian and Justin. They had just gotten up to the blaring air horn and started doing their chores.  Lillian had went to fill up a bucket of water so she could mop the floor.  She was walking back when she seemed to hit a squishy wall, but instead of a squishy wall she looked up to see the enraged face of Ms. Patty.
      "You IDIOT, this is my favorite dress and you just spilled an entire bucket of water and soap on it!" Ms.Patty said practically spiting out each word.
" I- I'm so sorry!" Lillian pleaded stuttering out each word.
Lillian looked up in horror to see a giant wooden paddle coming straight for her face, she closed her eyes and waited for the inevitable impact, but to her surprise there was none. She opened her eyes confused, that's when she saw him. Justin was standing over her holding the paddle away from Lillian, an unmoving pillar in between her and Ms. Patty.
" DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY SISTER!," "It was an accident, how can you not see that?!" Justin exclaimed.
"I don't care what it "was" or what it wasn't all I know is she caused it and she deserves a punishment." Ms. Patty said. She paused standing there as if she was pondering something, then she said this,
"Unless you are willing to take a worse punishment in place of your sisters, I won't make you choose now but I'll come back later today." She said all of this with a wicked smirk on her face.
Lillian looked at her brother and spoke before he could even look back at her, "You're not taking that punishment, you know that right?",
"Lillian I have to, your my sister and I'll die before I let her touch you."  Justin said with a deep remorse written all over his face. Lillian sat there speechless, she desperately wanted to help her brother.
"I think I have a way I could help you." said the older boy that wasn't so fond of Lillian and Justin when they first arrived.
"You, want to help us?" Lillian pondered.
"I might of not wanted you to be here but I don't want you to get hurt either, my name is Malcom by the way" he said in a matter of fact way.
"Okay, so how exactly are you going to help us?" asked Justin.
"We're going to kill Ms. Patty." He said with a completely serious face.