The Aftermath

It was about 1 month after her mom's funeral. She thought her dad would be getting​ better by now but it seemed that he was getting worse. He would go out late at night and wouldn't come back until early in the morning. He also started drinking more, like a lot. Justin was getting better at least.
One night her dad was out so long that he wasn't there to drop Justin off at school, so Justin had to miss the entire day. Her dad came back at 5:00 that day, really drunk. Justin helped him to his room so that he could lay down and rest. "Justin, what are we going to do if dad is to drunk to take care of us." she asked " I think we should stay with him but if it gets dangerous we will have to go." he said with tears welling in his eyes. She ran and gave him a long hug and then went to bed.

The next few days were just like the last but today was bad very bad. Her dad had come home and was very angry for no reason. " IT WAS ALL MY FAULT!" he yelled. " What's all your fault?" asked Justin. " Your mother death was all my fault!" he answered "No it wasn't!" said Justin "Yes it was, you stupid boy!" He said then he started raging around the house knocking things down.Her  brother mouthed we have to go, go get your stuff.  She ran to her room and got the biggest bag she could find and stuffed what she could into it. She met her brother at the front door and they rushed out. They  ran as far away as they could until they knew they  were safe. They settled themselves under a giant oak then fell asleep.
The next day she woke up to see her brother talking to some local police men. She snuck closer so that she could here what they were talking about. " Why were you two sleeping out here all alone."questioned the police officer "We ran away from home." Justin replied "Now why's that?" asked the police man. Justin hesitated​ before speaking " Our dad had come back home drunk and he started freaking out blaming himself for my moms death, so we ran away afraid that he might hurt us." "Hmm.. I see." "I guess you won't be able to stay with your dad until he's​ mentally stable enough to take care of you." " You will stay at the local orphanage for right now, so go grab your sister and I will take you there." the police man concluded. Justin walked back towards me. " We-" he started "I know we are going to the orphanage I will get my stuff." she said "Umm.. okay" he said confused
Next chapter coming soon!