The Orphanage & Miss Patty

Lillian got her stuff and they headed to the orphanage. When she got out of the police car she saw a big yellow sign with pink letters reading Miss Patty's Orphanage. They walked into the building to be greeted by a lady in a fake satin dress. "Hello I'm Miss Patty" she said "Hello" replied her brother "Let me show you to your rooms children" she said. Miss Patty led them into a room with 15 bunk beds and about 10-12 kids. The other kids instantly turned their heads to see who just entered. "Children this is Lillian and Justin they will be staying here temporarily" said Miss Patty. "Ugh.. not new kids" said a older boy in the back. Miss Patty took out a wooden paddle and wacked the boy two times. "Say you're sorry" she said. The boy reluctantly said I'm sorry to us. "Well I leave you to get settled and meet the other children" said Miss Patty. Miss Patty seems nice but I have a feeling something's off with her Lillian thought. Her brother nudged her towards a unoccupied bunk bed. She stuffed her things under the bed and looked up to see all the kids staring at her and her brother. " Umm.. hi" she said confused why they were all staring at her. " So why are you here" asked a taller girl with brown braided hair. " Our mom's dead and our father can't take care of us" she replied " Well I hope you weren't looking for a place to have fun, because all we do here is work and be punished" said the same brown haired girl. " That sounds awful" said her brother. " Welcome to our world, by the way I'm Sydney" she said.

The next day she woke up to the sound of a air horn honking." WAKE UP, we have work to do" yelled Miss Patty. All the kids including her and Justin grudgedly got out of bed.