/~5~/- Could We Really Really Not???

Annabeth POV

I looked at him as I looked around the classroom, seeing if Piper or Hazel where in this class. No, but he and Frank Zhang where. He looked so familiar, his brown hair looked too, much like brown hair and his brown eyes didn't match his tan complexion. I feel like I've seen this guy before. His bone structure looked like someone she had seen recently. But that couldn't be possible.....could it be? 

But that's not possible because I remembered everyone I meet. And his name Pablo doesn't fit him. Nor does the last name of Jameson. I even remember the kid who used to take naps in the corner in kindergarten. His name was Harris Kijnos. 

We headed back to our apartment after a long day of school, Piper collapsed on the couch and Hazel ran into the doorframe. Annabeth staggered to her room and fell on her bed. She was so tired. Who knew college could be so tough? She rested her head on and pillow and almost fell asleep when her phone rang. 

Riiiiiinnnnnggggg

She sat up groggily and picked up her phone and cupped it in her hands. 

She answered the unified called and expected to hear no one. People these days just liked to steal IDs and numbers to use themselves. Annabeth was super cautious. 

It was no one. She threw her phone back onto the bed and fell asleep, still in her jeans and shirt, not caring that she hadn't taken off her light layer of mascara or taken her nightly shower. 

RINNNNNGGGG

Stupid alarm. She picked it up and slammed it on the ground. Piper shot up from her side of the bed. She looked alarmed, her choppy brown hair in a messy bun. 

"What?" She mumbled and rubbed her eyes with her fists. The smell of sizzling bacon filled her nose. She stood up and yawned, stretching her arms outwards. Pulling her hair into a messy bun likes Pipers she staggered into the kitchen and found the coffee pot, she blindly turned it on, heating up slowly. 

"Sleep well?" Hazel grinned as she stirred the egg mix and poured it into the frying pan. Hazel was already dressed in black leggings, a gold sequined top, and white high top, most considered her the mom of the group. She was cooking breakfast and was up before both of us. 

"No," Piper said stubbornly like a child. Annabeth shook her head as she dipped the coffee grain holder into the bag and scooped up a reasonable amount of coffee grounds before sliding the holder back into the pot. 

"Maybe don't go to bed at nine-thirty, try for nine-fifteen," Hazel suggested. Piper again like a child shook her head stubbornly. Annabeth chuckled a little. Take it for Hazel to be suggesting they go to bed early. She was eighteen for god's sake. But that didn't matter, Hazel was Hazel...no wonder she had a thing for Frank Zhang, sweet old Frank. 

"Breakfast is ready," Hazel called after another ten minutes, which Annabeth spent getting ready as her coffee poured into her mug. Today she went for simple. Jeans, a white cotton shirt, a red and black flannel jacket thing, and grey high tops. Her only jewelry was her silver owl earrings, her only desired gift from her father. 

They ate in silence, devouring their food. It was hot and delicious, the eggs cooked perfectly and pepper coating it lightly. Bacon and hash browns awaited her and she gobbled it down, dipping her hash browns in ketchup. 

It was seven forty-five when they hustled out the door, only for Annabeth to run into a tall familiar brown-haired man. She stepped back clumsily. 

"Sorry." She said and looked up at the guy. He had brown hair and brown eyes, but the same face. 

"Pablo!" Piper hugged Pablo Jameson. He had just closed the door behind him....no. He couldn't possibly live next door. That couldn't be true...could it? 

"Hey Annabeth, Pipes, Hazel." Pablo grinned and hugged both girls, refraining from me, since we weren't friends yet, but not enemies. 

"So, you live next door?" Hazel asked for me. Pablo nodded and pointed to the door behind him which was now closed. It was Apt. 34, ours 33, what lucky numbers. 

They chatted for a moment when a brown-haired guy came jogging up the stairs, a Rasta cap on his head, and a long goatee hanging off his chin. He wore some Nature Converisty shirt and was chewing on....was that tin? She shook her head and looked at him, obviously there for Pablo. 

"Pablo!" The guy said sharply. He couldna have been more than...22, 23, was this Pablos, cousin or friend? 

Pablo jumped and looked at the guy nervously. "Sorry G-Man, just catching up with the neighbors." He pointed to us and the guy looked at Piper and Hazel suspiciously but me even more so, his eyes narrowed but they softened after a moment. 

"We gotta hit the cab, wanna join." Pablo turned to us and invited us. We nodded eagerly, or l did, I just nodded as I meant it and we jogged down the stairs of the building, the elevator had been broken....by a very certain Leo Valdez...he lived on the bottom floor now. 

The rode in a cab, and to the campus, the guy whom I learned his name was Grover had left to go to his job, but why had he come and gotten Pablo? I waved the question away as we all crammed into the back, Pablo sat in the front, his brown hair waving. Again I noticed it just didn't fit him, his style of clothing. Sea green shirt and black pants. It just didn't match. 

"So Annabeth, watcha going to do for a job during school?" Pablo turned his head and chatted with us as the cab drove to the campus. I smiled nervously. What was I going to do? 

"Something that will pay me enough to pay half our bills," I say. Pablo frowns and thinks for a moment, and then grins happily. 

"I can hook ya up with a nice job. I got a few contacts." He said and I smiled. I hope those contacts where good. 

We chatted as the cab pulled up to the gates of campus. We all piled out, holding our things to our chest and walked onto school grounds, we all went our separate ways, into other wings, Iand Pablo walks together with Frank to a bio, waiting for Ms. Jonp to give us another boring lecture on biology. It's pretty boring. I know 98% of it all, learning from my father'ss college textbooks and the summer I spent with my mother in Olympus New York, a private town where a bunch of rich residents lived. I felt so out of place when I visited there. 

"This is boring." A girl next to me whispered. I nodded. I looked behind me at Pablo and Frank slowly dozing off. Boys. Typical. Not even ten minutes into the lesson and they are already asleep. 

I wait for my next class, which is with Leo and Jason, Health, a standard required class. It too is also super boring. 

Finally, after the worst bio lesson,  I quickly make my way to the Health wing where I stepped into room 101, where Mrs. Hebe would be teaching. She was a kind young woman. The first class was boring. I hoped this one wasn't. 

I sat next to Jason Grace, he was my friend, I knew Thalia, his sister from a long time ago. It made me think of Luke...but the past was past, right? 

"This is stupid," Leo said from across the desk from Jason, I overheard him and nodded. He was purposefully sitting next to a pretty girl with caramel-colored hair and a Greek-style hairdo. Hey just because I'm a nerd doesn't mean I don't know hairstyles. Take it to Leo to sit next to the pretty girls and try to pick them up. 

Lunch rolled around, like yesterday we sat under the sunshine, eating trashy food and enjoying the warmth for when fall rolled around they would be forced to eat inside the tiny school cafeteria that reeked of moldy gym socks. 

"So, Pablo, how was your time in San Fran?" Jason asked as we ate meatball subs. It tasted like stale cardboard. My eyes lit up when Jason said San Fransisco, my home. 

"You went there, Pablo?" I asked, maybe that's why I recognized him, I may have seen him in the city streets. Pablo shifted uncomfortably in his seat and shot an evil glare at Jason who was now chuckling lightly. Probably some inside jokes the boys shared. 

"Uh,h, it was fine. Met some nice people there." he focused his attention on his sandwich and glanced at me for half a second. I had the feeling he was trying tot ell me something. but I couldn't put my finger on it. 

The rest of the day for me was spent trying to figure out who Pablo Jameson really was. 

And so far...he was no-one in my book.