(Y/N) & Quartet - Fresh's Cool Friends (Murtagh & Veschell remix)

Start from the beginning

'Oh. What was his name?'

"His name was Radius. He was seriously awesome, he was cheerful, bubbly and warm. He saw me as a father, even though he's not really my biological son. I practically raised him. He started calling my fiancee "Mother" when I proposed, which I found honestly adorable. The design on his headphones was a Yellow Circle.

Yellow circle.

So you're telling me that he never even mentioned me? The voice of the cheeky, blond circle in my dreams echoed through my mind. Ah. So that's Radius. Everything makes sense now.

'Do you miss them?'

"Yes." He paused. "And... well, no."

'What do you mean?'

"I miss my fiancee, not the woman who killed me." He sighed. "I miss home, not the people who took my eye and leg."

'Oh.'

"They killed me, which is unforgivable enough, so I don't miss them, but I do miss our memories, our fun times, our jokes, laughter and everything. I miss home. Not them."

'That was deep.'

"Thanks."

Silence filled the air as he stared at the ceiling, in deep thought. There was a cocktail of mixed emotions in his eyes. Sadness. Longing. Resentment. Anger.

"Anyways." He sighed as he sat up. "I'm calling a few Corrupted, we're having breakfast in bed."

'Why?'

"I wanna tell you how exactly I died."

Five pairs of eyes stared around in the weird place they've found themselves in, filled with anxiety. After Trist had floated into one of these sewage pipe things, Neptune followed in hot pursuit. As they were climbing through the gigantic, 30 foot wide tube, the four humans could manage to make it on foot, while they had to take turns carrying the Merman on their backs because the water had gotten too shallow. Neptune's skin at this point was starting to get uncomfortably dry. It wasn't visible to them at first, but Neptune lifted up his shirt to reveal four deep markings on his ribcage, two on each side. It was his gills. On closer inspection, Neptune didn't even have nostrils. Luckily, Lumina found a plastic bottle near the entrance of the pipe, which she then used to drench water over Neptune's gills for some relief. Every time they did, he'd sigh, like they were resting an ice pack on a burn. The rest of the journey was passed in silence as the five of them reached the end of the pipe. As they thought, there was more water, meaning that Neptune could survive. They lowered him into the water, and climbed onto his back as they swam towards the nearest bit of land. There were connections here and there, so Neptune could very likely swim around doing whatever he'd want until they needed him. The place they were in was a roomy, spacious, dimly lit place, very much like the caverns of Mt. Clearwater. They heard a faint metallic "CLANK" sound in a rhythmic fashion, and as they skimmed their eyes around the place, they saw gears rotating along with the beat.

This was definitely some sort of industry.

As they reached the edge, Neptune bid farewell to them as he dropped them off and disappeared under the waves. And looking around, the four of them saw a gigantic gear, that had to be at least five times their high, attached to the wall, rotating in a robotic pattern. Right beside it was a ledge, that was, once again, far too high for any of them to reach even if they stood on each other's shoulders. Tetra observed it, before instantly knowing what to do. Their siblings, on the other hand, were slightly clueless. But Tetra just simply walked back to the edge where Neptune dropped them off, turned on their heel and full on sprinted towards the other edge.