Chapter 45

(Y/N P.O.V)
A few hours after the police searched the temple and found all the evidence they needed, they decided to let Sal go. They didn't want to keep him any longer than needed

I looked up when I heard the sound of keys clinking together.

"I never thought I'd be saying this, but Mr, Fisher you're free to go," the policewomen said as she unlocked the cuffs.

As she took them off of Sal's wrists I couldn't help but feel a sense of fear and doubt in the back of my mind. I immediately felt guilty for even having any fear at all, but I couldn't help it. What if he's mad at us for letting the police arrest him years ago? What if he doesn't even want to see me anymore? What if something causes him to snap again and kill more peop-

"(Y/n)?" I instinctively took a step back and looked at Sal, whose hands were trembling a tiny bit.

I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around his neck, inhaling the scent of the man I had missed for 3 years. When his arms wrapped around me, any fear and doubts I had were pushed forever out of my mind and were replaced with happiness.

"I missed you" I mumbled into his currently very messy hair.

"You saved my life," he pulled away slightly, "Why? Why would you save a monster?"

"You're not a monster, Sal! Don't you ever call yourself that! I saved you- no, we all saved you, because we all care about you. None of us wanted to see you die over something you couldn't control," I stepped back a bit, "I'd never forgive myself if I let you die"

Sal was silent for a few moments.

"I know you probably don't even love me anymo-"

"I love you so much, (y/n). I never stopped loving you. When you told everyone you still loved me when you were on the stand at court, I fell in love even more. You were my only hope of freedom from this hell, and you saved me. You saved my life..." Sal started rambling but stopped once tears started falling from the bottom of his prosthetic.

A smile broke out on my face and I reached for Sal's hand.

"Let's get outta here" I squeezed his hand as he sniffled.

I heard more sniffling coming from behind me and I looked over my shoulder to see the police officer from earlier. She had watery eyes and a smile on her face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to listen to all that... It almost seemed like something out of a romance novel" she laughed a bit and sniffled as she wiped her tears away with a tissue.

Sal and I walked hand in hand out of the police station. Ash and Larry were waiting outside with anxious looks on their faces.

"C'mon guys, at least be happy that I'm here," Sal said causing the two of them to jump and look over.

"Sal!" Ash ran over and hugged him, almost knocking him off his feet.

Larry slowly walked over as Ash let go of Sal. She stood next to me and watched Larry approach him.

"Larry, I'm so sorry-" Larry pulled Sal into a hug before he could finish his sentence. Larry pulled away and awkwardly crossed his arms.

"You don't need to apologize, Sal... I was so angry at you for a while. Hell, I was hoping they'd kill you. Then I started hating myself for even thinking that, when I knew you had no control over yourself that day... what I'm trying to say is, I really fucking missed you, Sal"

I raised an eyebrow at Larry's strange approach to saying he missed Sal, but I smiled nonetheless. Two brothers being reunited.

"I need to catch you up on all the sick music you missed, dude" Larry started walking towards his car.